Global Medical Product Expert, Neuro & Rare Diseases (897359-GBA)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client, an innovative and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, committed into delivering products on the market over the next 5 years, is looking a Global Medical Product Expert for a permanent role based in the Basel area.
Please apply if you have approximately 5 to 10 years of experience in an EU and/or global (Associate) Medical Director function within a biotech/pharmaceutical company, experience working in the Insomnia/CNS/Psychiatry and/or Fabry Disease/Rare Disease/Orphan Disease, experience working on Phase IIIb and IV studies, a track record supporting product launches (ideally in EU top-5, North America and Japan), and experience with Real World Evidence (RWE) generation activities.
- Implement and execute medical affairs strategy for a respective product / therapeutic area, driving activities that will lead to successful global launches and post-launch successful delivery on the defined objectives for the product;
- Build and develop peer-to-peer relationships with the relevant Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), while collaborating with Global Clinical Development on interactions with investigators participating in clinical trials, investigator meetings and advisory boards;
- Manage innovative product / therapeutic area – related real world evidence (RWE) generation programs & investigator sponsored studies with centers of excellence;
- Closely collaborate with Global Clinical Development to provide input in the design of Phase IIIb and IV trials;
- Develop and implement a novel scientific communication plan for the respective product / therapeutic area, and contribute to the medical/scientific review of manuscripts;
- Accountable for the medical/scientific review of scientific communication platforms, medical information resources, medical education materials & marketing materials;
- Develop product specific training for Medical teams in the countries to deepen the product and scientific knowledge within the therapeutic area, and create informative medical decks for external use;
- Communicate in a compelling manner the medical value of the asset, inside and outside Idorsia, such that it generates excitement and enthusiasm;
- Ensure on all levels cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Regulatory, Drug Safety, Market Access, and Research & Development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Swiss working/residency permit and/or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- A completed MD is preferred, but open to PharmDs and PhDs;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a EU and/or global Medical Director function;
- Track record of successful product launches (EU top-5, US and Japan) with experience in a medical affairs role at regional and/or global level;
- Experience working on Medical Affairs activities within the Insomnia/CNS/Psychiatry and/or Fabry Disease/Rare Disease/Orphan Disease;
- Solid experience in RWE and scientific communication;
- Strong publication record is an advantageous;
- Experience in the US or in the Japanese pharmaceutical market is a plus;
- Cutting edge scientific knowledge, strong business acumen and robust understanding of regulatory space.