Sr. Case Manager - On site
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day case management oversight and coordination of assigned caseload to ensure parties responsible for tasks are completing them timely, as well as, act as a primary resource for patients, healthcare providers and field reimbursement. The Sr Case Manager is responsible for ensuring the ultimate successful and timely completion of cases to include, but not limited to: prior authorizations, reauthorizations and appeals have accurate documentation of payer information and patient status. The Sr. Case Manager may also serve as the account manager for prescribers providing them updates on patient cases, providing resourceful information as needed and within program guidelines, and serving as an advocate for patients. Additionally, the Sr. Case Manager may interact with a client’s field team to partner on sharing best practices, territory trends, resolve escalations or prescriber related issues. Sr. Case Managers are also integral in the data analysis of process evaluation to include quality and efficiency, and can serve as a mentor and/or lead for other case managers. This role can be client facing and may require presentations on various topics that are related to program education, program improvements or other topics as assigned. Lastly, Sr. Case Managers can serve in a lead capacity to ensure that operations are running smoothly which includes managing work in progress to acceptable standards, and provides mentorship to those case managers who may have opportunities from a productivity or quality perspective. *11am to 8pm shift required*
Specific job duties:
- Provide day-to-day oversight and coordination of caseload to ensure all case elements and tasks are completed timely and ensure cases move through the process as required.
- Act as single point of contact responsible for prior authorization and appeal processing communications to patients, healthcare providers, field reimbursement representatives and other external stakeholders.
- Serve as a patient advocate and resource for patients as they navigate through the reimbursement process while coordinating any additional patient access services within program guidelines.
- Performs quality checks on cases and report trends to leadership.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures.
- Troubleshoot complex cases, spanning multiple disease-states, while interfacing with key stakeholders (internal/external) to ensure optimal start to therapy
- Report Adverse Drug Events that have been experienced by the patient in accordance pharmaceutical requirements.
- Recognize a product quality complaint and forward caller/written information to a manufacturer.
- Act as point of contact for case managers to assist with prior authorization and appeal requirements, provide guidance, answer process questions and address escalated issued when appropriate. Provides support for at-risk patients and prescribers to help mitigate any lapse in the start or continuation of therapy.
- Collaborates with other senior case managers, managers and quality team on a monthly basis to review quality trends, creating process improvement initiatives for the next month.
- Prepares and presents team huddles, and client presentations as deemed appropriate (minimum one presentation per month)
- Other duties, as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or six years of relevant working experience
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in pharmacy benefit management, specialty pharmacy or patient support/access (HUB) services preferred
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience in pharmacy and/or medical benefit verifications, prior authorization and/or appeals required.
- Medical Assistant, Social Worker or Senior Reimbursement Specialist experience preferred
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office applications
- Knowledge of medical and claims processing terminology
- Excellent written/verbal communication to include providing clear instructions
- Must possess a strong critical thinking skillset along with the ability to multi-task
11am -8 pm ET
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting