Senior Scientist – Downstream DSP Development – Viral Vectors
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Senior Scientist, Viral Vector Product Downstream Process Development at a hugely exciting novel biotechnology company based in Oxford, England. This is a fantastic role for a developing scientist to step into a senior position with real potential to develop further whilst working on novel products within a growing biotech.
- Contribute to the development, optimisation, and establishment of robust, scalable and industry leading Downstream DSP processes to produce high quality viral vector products.
- Provide scientific and technical support to assist the transfer and establishment of CMC-Manufacturing or cGMP - for example process risk assessments, technology transfer documentation and scale-up assessments.
- Lead resolution of technical and scientific issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the development and execution of downstream processes for the manufacture of biologics.
- Deliver product specific and platform DSP documentation, process flow diagrams and reports ensuring appropriate quality of documentation to support inclusion of data and information in regulatory filings.
- Work collaboratively with Research, Cell Line Development, Upstream Process Development, Analytical Development, CMC-Manufacturing and Quality to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to downstream processing issues.
- PHD, MSc or BSc
- Experience in industry utilising relevant downstream process development skills for biologics – 3+ years (Depending on education)
- Experience in downstream process development/purification of viral vector products, from cell culture harvesting through to drug substance/purified product. This would preferably have been gained working with viral vectors such as LVV, AAV or AV.
- Experience with chromatography systems such as Akta Purifier/Pure/Avant and a good understanding of chromatography techniques e.g., IEX/SEC/HIC/Affinity. Experience and understanding of tangential flow filtration are also desirable.
- Experience of routine analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and biochemical assays is desirable.
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist scientific recruiter with over 7 years’ experience recruiting in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sector with a MSc in Molecular Biology will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - +44 (0)203 928 6632.
About Planet Pharma
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Senior Scientist – Downstream DSP Development – Viral Vectors
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Quality £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- GMP £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Scientific £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom