- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Scrum Master - Digital Health Data Platform
Competitive Salary and Benefits
At AstraZeneca, as our digital strategy comes to life we're at a crucial stage of our journey, there's never been a better time to join a winning team. Here you have the opportunity to innovate - driving our transformation, fulfilling our purpose and making a meaningful impact!
Digital Health, the point at which healthcare, technology, data and analytics converge is an area of great promise with the potential to improve the health of everyone. The Digital Health R&D area of AstraZeneca has the goal of improving patient experience and outcomes and shortening the time it takes to bring life-changing medicines to patients. We will achieve this via three strategic priorities: transforming how we work, redefining clinical trials and digital health, and reimagining healthcare (See link for more info).
The ambition for this Platform is huge. We are looking for data, technology and change experts to join R&D IT that will ensure this ambition is met.
What you'll do in the role:
You will use your leadership and facilitation skills to help teams develop and deliver valuable solutions within Digital Health R&D. These solutions will contribute indirectly and directly to improve the health of people who use our medicines.
You will embed and role model agile working practices in the Digital Health R&D Data Platform, ensuring we grow the value of the Platform, and the confidence and effectiveness of the delivery teams.
This role will ensure the success of the Platform by being a Scrum Master for specific scrum teams, an evangelist and coach of agile theory, practices, rules, and values across the broader Platform, and as an influential member of the Data Platform leadership team.
- Enable the development team to focus on the rules of Scrum and the work of the Sprint, encouraging the delivery of high value and complex products with increased predictability.
- Facilitate the team's progress toward Sprint goals, commitments and successful delivery - Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Foster a positive team environment, growing the team's candour and confidence to take on challenges. Ensure everyone is respected, contributes effectively, and is heard.
- Protect the Development team from outside interruptions and distractions, surfacing and removing impediments to the development progress, actively coordinating with external teams to resolve dependencies, and timely escalation when beyond the team's control.
- Utilise JIRA as the primary tool for understanding status and progress, measuring the output of the team, detecting variances and adjusting deviations with a focus on continuous improvement. Ensure these metrics improve and translate to greater business value.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, ensuring their deep engagement, ownership, and ongoing refinement of the Product Backlog - in order to provide clarity of scope and goals to the Development team prior to committing to deliver the work.
- Ensure ongoing and active collaboration between the Product Owner and the Development team for Story definition and acceptance, ensuring the development quality products first time.
- Collaborate with and coach the wider Platform effort on agile adoption, scrum implementation, embracing change and the development of the required processes and behaviours.
Essential for the role:
- 5 + years as Scrum Master of Software / Data Development teams performing all or most of the Scrum Master responsibilities described above
- Experience engaging project stakeholders not familiar with Scrum.
- Some traditional project management experience (eg. Coordinate release management, create project documentation, manage communications to stakeholders, negotiate schedule with stakeholders, provide status reports to stakeholders not familiar with Agile methods).
- Experience applying Agile approaches and techniques - tailoring to a wider variety of scenarios.
- Jira knowledge and usage.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Desirable for the role:
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare
- Experience of related practices and techniques - CI/CD, test-driven design, Kanban, Impact Mapping.
- Scrum Master certification
So, what's next?
Be part of something where your work directly impacts a big purpose: to develop life-changing medicines. Join Us!
Open Date: 04/05/2021
Close Date: 28/05/2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.