- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
On behalf of my client I am recruiting for an EHS Specialist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in detailed risk assessments/process safety reviews for existing hazardous processes, new product introductions & engineering capital projects. Attention to detail, excellent leadership and sound scientific problem solving will be fundamental to this role.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Develop & Lead Process Safety Program on site to define company best practice for individual operations/engineering design with respect to Process Safety/ ATEX and Machinery Safety and industrial hygiene requirements.
• Training of employees, managers and supervisors on the implementation of process Safety program,
• Collaborate with Departments in the development of the ATEX Site Program and Explosion protection document and associated drawings and training.
• Support our engineering department in the application of Process Safety elements as per the project development stages for both capital Projects and New Process Introduction and development of EHS related project handover documentation.
• Lead and Support on site audits, to ensure that we are compliant with applicable Process Safety requirements, ISO Standards and Global Programs/policies, utilize best-industrial practices and best available techniques to identify and manage risk, and conform to company directives and standards.
• Complete and review process safety incident investigation and risk assessment screening for management of change.
The successful candidate:
Must have experience with the following key programs:
• New Product Introduction (NPI), Engineering Capital Projects, EHS Change Management
• Process Safety Management, Hazard identification and Risk Assessment: Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) and Layer of Protection Assessment (LoPA), Inert Gas, Atex Area Classification. Machinery Safety Risk assessments and CE marking.
• A relevant degree in chemical engineering/engineering/science
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical/medical devices industry
• Demonstrated experience in process safety and process safety management systems.
• Demonstrated success in project management
• Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability
• Excellent leadership capabilities and ability to motivate others
• Training or experience with PHA an advantage
• Demonstrated ability to confidently influence and advise a team