Associate Principal Scientist, PKPD Modeling & DMPK
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Associate Principal Scientist, Translational PKPD Modeling & DMPK (Oncology)
AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical company driven by what science can do! We are dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and healthcare solutions that enrich the lives of patients.
The vision of AstraZeneca Oncology is to redefine cancer, redefine our solutions to cancer, and restore patients' lives. To achieve this, we have an exciting and diverse portfolio that focuses on four scientific platforms that we believe show the greatest potential for yielding effective medicines for cancer patients. These scientific platforms include; Immuno-Oncology (IO), Tumor Drivers & Resistance (TDR), DNA Damage Response (DDR) and Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC) and we are developing therapeutic agents across multiple modalities including; small molecules, biologics, Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs), nano-medicines and PROTACs.
The Oncology DMPK department provides drug metabolism & pharmacokinetic, as well as translational PKPD modeling & simulation support to our portfolio. Translational PKPD Modeling & Simulation scientists occupy high profile, visible roles within Early Oncology. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for PKPD modeling and DMPK science, applied to Cancer biology!
As a Translational PKPD Modeling & Simulation scientist, you will have the opportunity to drive strategy in PKPD science across our diverse portfolio. Your day-to-day role is to provide projects with specialist modeling input into exploring the PK/PD/Efficacy in pre-clinical models, and using these models in order to iteratively build an understanding of the dose & schedule requirements for therapeutic intervention across different patient populations as a single agent and combined with other agents.
You will contribute to DMPK Modeling and Simulation by:
- Representing Oncology DMPK and providing overall scientific leadership for cross functional and external collaborations involving DMPK.
- Exploring the effects on target and pathway to understand the requirements for efficacy and set a candidate drug target profile (CDTP).
- Predicting human dose and regimen together with providing input into exposure and pharmacodynamic (PD) biomarker based decision criteria for early clinical trials.
- Driving learning through back translation of early clinical exposure and PD data and providing prioritized future options for clinical testing.
- Leading and participating in Oncology strategic scientific initiatives and continuous improvement projects by providing expert M&S knowledge.
- Managing student and Post Doc programmes.
- Involvement in external collaborative projects with academic or cross-pharma pre-competitive groups.
- Providing disciplinary scientific leadership and presenting work through patents, publications and lectures.
- PhD or equivalent degree in a subject area with a significant component of Modeling & Simulation, such as systems biology, quantitative pharmacology, pharmacometrics, chemical engineering, physics, pharmaceutical sciences or applied mathematics.
- Relevant industry experience in Modeling & Simulation, ideally in preclinical/translational setting, or a MS degree with proven experience.
- Experience in a project-facing role at pharmaceutical R&D.
- Good understanding of DMPK and pharmacology/safety aspects of drug discovery and development with a strong publication record.
- Track record of supporting PK, PKPD and TKPD aspects of projects, with a delivery focus and ability to meet timelines to pre-specified quality and cost.
- Experience using tools such as WinNonLin/Phoenix NLME, NonMem, Berkeley Madonna, MATLAB, and SimCYP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Does this describe you? Do you want to be part of something ground-breaking? Don't hesitate in making that application today by clicking on the link below...