Data Engineering Modeller
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are currently seeking an experienced Data Engineer/Data Modeler for our Sydney office to focus on business intelligence and analytics solutions for the life science industry. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate data engineering expert to help our customers in sales, marketing and commercial teams make informed data driven decisions across a vast array of data sources. You will bring proven experience and data engineering/modellng capabilities to design and develop end to end processes to support BI and analytics solutions.
- Gather client functional and technical requirements
- Capable of working with client to develop a strategy that supports current and future needs
- Design, develop and implement data marts / data warehouses to solve specific business requirements and enable reporting and analytics
- Develop designs and data models for large scale engagement involving data modernisation, data migration, and end to end data management
- Design & develop ETL processes using SSIS and SQL
- Establish development standards and establish quality processes to deliver stable and reliable solutions
- Validate that the design and end solution meet the specified requirements
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the customer expectations are managed effectively
- Provide estimates for sales opportunities that are realistic and achievable.
- Mentoring of junior consultants
- Work with service & support team to resolve escalated operational issues
- Assist with business development activities, review and analyse client requirements/problems and provide appropriate data engineering solutions.
You will bring:
- Bring deep expertise in data engineering tools & techniques in translating business needs into data data management and data engineering requirements.
- Experience with Data Modelling tools(ERWIN/SQLDBM) including hands on experience with fact tables and dimension tables particularly for PowerBI solutions.
- Experience with SSAS tabular model and DAX Query Language.
- Excellent data modelling skills with the emphasis on dimensional modelling
- Excellent experience with business intelligence, data warehouses, and advanced analytics. In-depth understanding of data management; data modelling methodologies and concepts such as Kimball, Data Vault and so on.
- Strong core SQL skills, especially when it comes to developing and performance tuning complex reporting queries
- Excellent knowledge of data profiling, data quality management, data extraction, data transformation, and data load – the concepts and technology
- Work experience & certification (well regarded) with ETL toolset such as SSIS
- Relational database experience with SQL Server
- Recent experience working as a designer/consultant/ senior developer with ETL tools on large and complex data sets involving – BI, MDM, DW, Data Lake, and Bigdata.
- Database release control process and deployment using source control TFS.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate well with stakeholders, business and technical skills with good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to influence, engage and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of related experience in consulting and life sciences industry
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.