- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Leading Cambridge based Contract Research Organisation seeks an experienced Cell Biologist.
Duties may include the following:
- Working with Senior Management team to develop and prosecute a strategy to create new cell lines expressing ion channels and, where applicable, appropriate accessory subunits.
- Provision of technical expertise for the identification and implementation of new ion channel cell biology technologies.
- Performing hands on cell biology laboratory work.
- Conceiving, planning, design, execution and supervision of experiments.
- Efficient authoring of protocols and documentation of study results.
- Presentation of results at team meetings and providing recommendations for future strategy.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Line management of the cell biology team.
- Liaison with the lab team to establish and validate ion channel cell lines of sufficient quality for the provision of assay services to Clients.
- Leading the identification and implementation of new technologies at to aid in the generation of new cell lines.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstratable experience in eukaryotic cell culture and protein expression.
- Expertise in molecular biology and conducting experiments to generate cell-based expression systems, including stable and transient transfection methodology.
- Knowledge of cell-based assays or developing of screening assays using heterologous cell-based expression systems and stem cells.
- Experience with leading scientific teams, developing and implementing experimental research plans. Line management experience, especially with respect to developing a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organisational and written/ oral communication skills.
- PhD in Lifesciences with at least three years' experience of laboratory research experience. BSc or MSc with at least five years of laboratory research experience.
- Experience of working in a busy industrial/commercial laboratory environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience of patch clamp electrophysiology (manual or automated)