Site Management Assistant
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Covance by Labcorpis a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
For our site in Geneva, we are looking to recruit a experienced Site Management Assistant.
As Site Management Assistant, you provide administrative support to the leadership team while acting as an interface with the various stakeholders of the management. You perform all administrative tasks and coordinate for the identified functional area(s) they support, as well as the site.
You organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversee special projects.
We are looking for someone creative and who enjoys working within a matrixed environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
Your responsibilities as a Site Management Assistant include:
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and ability to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Responsibility of managing the apprentice(s). This includes collaborating with partners in vocational training and leading the interview and selection process, onboarding, engaging in regular one-to-ones, and supporting the final evaluation of the apprentice(s).
- Ensure the delivery of site communication via mail with regards to management communication, make sure all the information is updated in the building (on white boards etc.), respond to mails send to the admin mailboxes.
- Perform Office Management tasks, including managing office supplies, coordinate the distribution of internal and external mail, provide administrative support to internal visitors.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for the leadership team, including but not exhaustive to creating a guest travel profile, book travels, accomodation and transport, rescheduling. Coordinate all the administrative aspects for obtaining visas and create expense reports.
- Create and follow-up on Purchase orders for site and/or departmental office supplies, match invoice to the purchase order, ensure payment of t he invoice to the vendor.
- Coordinate the site and departmental meetings, which includes booking conference rooms and organise the room set-up, coordinate catering, prepare agenda and presentations, manage the meeting invites and dial in numbers, prepare the room in advance and capture action log or meeting minutes.
- Manage all tasks related to internal/external visitors: communicate visit detailes, prepare introduction presentation and welcom visitors, book accomodation/transport or parking space, provide wi-fi and access to the building.
- Based on other departemental needs, give extra support: e.g. calender management, outlook distribution list management, user access permission for SharePoint, etc.
What can we offer you:
- A challenging and interesting position in a fast-growing and innovative environment
- Competitive salary.
- Career opportunities tailored to your competences and personal goals
- Minimum a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as Executive Assistant, preferably supporting C-level Executives
- Experience and interest in life science industry is seen as advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), SharePoint and Webex
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills, emotional maturity and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising