Clinical Research Nurse
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Your new employer is Covance by Labcorp, the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to improving health and improving lives.Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging studies with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
This is your chance to become part of a successful, engaged and fun team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner. Excellent opportunity for a Research Nurseto join our Phase I Clinical Research business in Leeds, West Yorkshire on a full-time and permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within Clinical research/trials and allow you to continue to practice your clinical skills and knowledge. You will be responsible for study unit activities in the conduct of clinical trials with emphasis on the safety and welfare and study participants.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Ensure that the dignity, health, safety, and welfare of participants is given the highest priority
at all times.
- Be current with appropriate emergency certifications and company emergency policy and
- Respond to emergency situations based upon nursing standards.
- Utilize skills, knowledge, nursing diagnosis, and clinical judgement in order to provide a high
standard of care for participants in clinical trials.
- Utilize nursing assessment skills to observe participant general well-being and potential
adverse events. Document adverse events and takes appropriate action as needed.
- Obtain Informed Consent and continue the ICF process by educating, explaining and informing
participants of study procedures.
- May obtain medical history.
- Administer investigational compounds (inclusive of parenteral) to participants according to the
protocol and applicable regulations.
- Perform study related activities such as cannulation, telemetry, holters, vital signs, ECGs,
- Collect and process biological samples according to the protocol and Standard Operating
- Record data obtained in a timely, error free manner according to the protocol and Standard
- Maintain an understanding of current regulatory requirements.
- Transcribe source data onto the Case Report Form.
- Take responsibility for quality control of study data.
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Maintain skills to perform all study tasks, as required.
- Maintain constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times.
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance by Labcorp. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us and discover why Covance by Labcorp has been named by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2020 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career.
- Registered Nurse with the NMC.
- BLS Certified.
- ILS Certification preferred upon entry to role. ILS certification to be gained in role
- Recent nursing experience.