Sr Proposal Associate
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Covance is now part of LabCorp. LabCorp, anS&P500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over$10 billionin 2017.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Proposal Associate to join our Chemical and Crop team. This is a remote based, full time position anywhere in the UK.
- Support or manages all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget) for opportunities as assigned
- May (based on business unit expectation) be responsible for managing some transactional clients
- Assists in analyzing RFP documents to assist in identifying missing information for budget and proposal preparation. Support follow up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Assists in identifying and resolving issues around client inquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
- May (based on business unit expectation) shadow applicable strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Works across the organization in matrix environment to support the process and complete deliverables
- Draft standard documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- Administratively supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
- Ensures timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into corporate databases as directed
- May (based on business unit expectation) support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Develops appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
- Contributes to assigned process improvement initiatives and supports implementation
- May (based on business unit expectation) contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- May (based on business unit expectation) perform quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements as indicated
- May (based on business unit expectation) support hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
- Complete other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/Pharma/Other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses a general knowledge of and ability to work across Covance BU lines preferred
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.