Senior Budget Specialist, Site Agreements
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Your new employer is Covance by Labcorp, the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real ® .Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve.
As part of a global team you will be responsible for preparing countrysite budgets and study financial appendices, assisting with the negotiationof site agreement budgets and financial exhibitsof a certain complexity. This unique opportunity is perfect if you are currently working on a regional level and would like the opportunity to work across EMEA, US and APAC.
Your main duties will include but not be restricted to:
- Manage assigned site budget related activities in a professional manner, with careful compliance with internal processes and procedures, or otherwise according to specified Sponsor requirements.
- Responsible for management of certain financial aspects of clinical studies including but not limited to supporting Project Directors with post-award study budget estimates and review of proposals, elaborate investigator grants of all kind and complexity, monitor budgetary aspects for all sites, liaise with internal and external teams regarding contract details and timelines to ensure quick approval of country budgets, independently.
- Independently develop baseline site country budgets, support site specific budget preparation, deliver study specific budget training, review and approve site budgets, and processes Covance financial language/appendix in site agreements in a commercially reasonable manner that protects Covance's fundamental interests and in accordance with departmental practices and policies.
- Provide management with regular status updates, collaborate with study team to avoid delays, identify and escalate issues (as defined in departmental processes) that must be escalated to line manager, project management staff, Business Development staff, Budgets & Proposals staff or higher management as necessary to minimize delays and to facilitate and contribute to the prompt conclusion of site budget negotiations.
- Provide support to other Site Agreement staff and assist internal staff with site budget inquiries as required.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Facilitate and contribute to the internal review/sign off process of budget/financial appendix within site agreements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and training to other internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner line manager with departmental goals, objectives and initiatives, departmental process improvement suggestions, deployment and definition of strategies for sponsors budget processes in a positive and flexible way.
Join us and see why Covance by Labcorp has been named by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2020 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVERING LETTER TOGETHER WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
- University-level degree preferred.
- Significant experience in site budget creation within the Clinical industry.