Senior Scientist – Upstream USP Development – Viral Vectors
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Scientist in Senior Scientist, Viral Vector Product Upstream Process Development at a hugely exciting novel biotechnology company based in Oxford, England. This is a fantastic role for a developing scientist to step into a senior position with real potential to develop further whilst working on novel products within a growing biotech.
- Define, design, and execute experiments to develop and optimise mammalian cell culture batch and fed batch processes for novel viral vector products.
- Scale up of upstream processes (10-200L) to confirm process performance.
- results to process scale-up.
- Generate harvest material for purification by the downstream development group.
- Support technology transfer activities for clinical manufacturing.
- Work collaboratively with Research, Cell Line Development, Downstream Process Development, Research Manufacturing and Quality to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to upstream process development issues.
- Apply statistical approaches for process optimisation (DoE, QbD) at small scale and translation of small-scale
- PHD, MSc or BSc
- Experience in industry utilising relevant skills – 3+ years (Depending on education)
- Experience developing upstream process control strategies
- Experience with the development and establishment of in-process analytical methods as applied to mammalian cell culture processes producing viral vector products
- Experience with Basel medium and feed development, control and optimisation
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist scientific recruiter with over 7 years’ experience recruiting in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sector with a MSc in Molecular Biology will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - email@example.com
Telephone - +44 (0)203 928 6632.
About Planet Pharma
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Senior Scientist – Upstream USP Development – Viral Vectors
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Manufacturing £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- Biotechnology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- Scientific £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe