Scientist – Formulation, Varied dosage forms, New Biotherapeutic product
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Scientist in Formulation Development at a hugely exciting novel biotechnology company based in Oxford, England. This is a fantastic role for a developing scientist to step into a senior position with real potential to develop further whilst working on a varied range of dosage forms for a new biotherapeutic product. Covering the full spectrum of formulation from Pre-Formulation, Tech Transfer, Scale up and Manufacture of investigational medicinal products.
- To lead, design and execute formulation and pre-formulation activities, to contribute to business strategy within the context of formulation.
- Formulation & Process Development Formulation strategy, design, and technology selection
- Undertake high quality scientific experimentation to characterise active ingredients, and drug product.
- Understand impact of the material properties on formulation manufacturing, using measured and computational data.
- Techniques include biochemical and biophysical analyses of products, particles analyses (size and shape), bulk solution properties including colloidal stability, viscosity, pH, osmolality, as well as characterisation of dried products for residual moisture etc.
- Design and lead studies in support of wider formulation considerations including primary container compatibility and selection, generation of protocols for formulation of early products to ensure expected delivery and assessment of in-use stability of DS and DP manufacturing steps.
- Ensure scalability of formulation solutions through early consideration and execution of scale-up studies as required.
- To Lead and influence technical project design and delivery.
- Responsible for communicating progress of projects effectively to project team and senior managers and ensure timely completion.
- Mentor and coach team members, review and verify the work of fellow scientists to ensure correct procedures have been followed.
- Technical leadership regarding cGMP compliance and improvements
- Work collaboratively with Research, Downstream process development, Analytical Development, Research Manufacturing and Quality to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions.
- MSc with 3+ years experience in industry, PHD with 1+ year industry
- Experience performing in-use stability assessments for DS drug substance and DP drug product
- Experience in the following techniques: biochemical and biophysical analyses of products, particles analyses (size and shape), bulk solution properties including colloidal stability, viscosity, pH, osmolality, as well as characterisation of dried products for residual moisture.
- SDS-Page, Western Blotting and biochemical assays are ideal.
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist scientific recruiter with over 7 years’ experience recruiting in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sector with a MSc in Molecular Biology will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - email@example.com
Telephone - +44 (0)203 928 6632.
About Planet Pharma
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.