PBMC Quality Analyst
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Covance by Labcorp is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
For our site in Mechelen (Belgium) or our site in Geneva (Switzerland), we are looking to recruit a PBMC Quality Analyst.
As PBMC Quality Analyst, you'll manage, built and oversee the quality and efficiency of a network of external laboratories who deal with PBMC tests and preparation. By organising and performing on-site training in the external laboratories, you make sure that all the lab technicians are trained properly and follow the procedures as such. You support the business by interacting with sponsors, exploring the market to find new collaborators and many more.
Your responsibilities as a PBMC Quality Analyst include:
- Work with Business Development Directors (BDDs), sponsors and management to review opportunities,
- Respond to requests for information and identify potential labs,
- Communicate project needs to the laboratory facility management, review LEQs and technical staff CVs to assess capabilities and capacity,
- Act as a liaison between sponsors and the processing laboratories to meet project requirements including lab setup, training and qualification of technical staff on-site,
- Perform internal facility, process and data audits and/or support sponsor or third party audits. Investigate issues and oversee CAPA completion,
- Provide ongoing quality assurance and technical support of the external laboratories,
- Create and maintain project-specific training materials, documentation and databases,
- Supports and manage global integration of new external lab management services capabilities into the business,
- Reshape internal systems and processes to meet the demands of global trials,
- Maintain your own complete training file. Ensure you are trained and all the training is documented prior to performing a task. Be accountable for any deficiencies found in your own training file,
- Define work schedules specifically for critical tasks with short turn-around time delivery or for tasks requesting immediate action,
- Demonstrate proficiency /expertise in assigned tasks
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) on process improvement projects upon request,
- Other duties as assigned
What can we offer you:
- A challenging and interesting position in a fast-growing and innovative environment
- Competitive salary.
- Ability to develop key leadership skills.
- Career opportunities tailored to your competences and personal goals
- Bachelor or Master in Life Science.
- Minimum 2 or more years of technical (wet) laboratory testing experience.
- Prior proficiency in PBMC processing, aseptic technique or cell-culture experience is mandatory.
- A first experience (minimum 1 year) in training and/or supervising others.
- Knowledge of drug development, GCP, root cause analysis, process improvement, auditing techniques.
- Excellent communicator, relationship builder and motivator.
- Detail minded, problem solver and good organisational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.