- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you have previous experience working as a Security Officer or do you hold a valid SIA Licence?
Are you passionate about ensuring employees are safe and secure at their place of work?
Do you want to be part of a global organization that makes a difference to the world?
If you answered yes, then come and join our growing Security team at our site in Eye, Suffolk.
Covance by Lapcorp has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop a variety prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance by Labcorp helped develop.
As a Security Officer at Covance by Labcorp, some of your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide security to staff, physical assets, intellectual property and the site in general
- Prevent unauthorised access
- Educate and train existing staff in security awareness and compliance with security systems and procedures
- Man the security gatehouse
- Carry out regular patrols around the site
- Control the site car park
- Escort visitors on site
- Ensure the integrity and proper operating condition of all installed security systems. Reports abnormal conditions to Supervisor.
- Learn to provide professional security services and effectively lead during crisis situations
- Learn to report and take immediate action (per company policy or department SOP) upon observation or awareness of situations posing a risk to Covance business, property or personnel
- Learn to monitor PC based monitoring systems and electronic equipment at Security Station (e.g. Security Access Control System, CCTV, Environmental Management and Control systems, and the fire alarm systems.
- Respond to emergencies in accordance with company policy (e.g., medical, chemical spills, fire evacuations
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service to co-workers as well as internal and external customers and vendors and directing them to the resource that will best meet their need
- Answer and relay incoming calls to personnel designated by the caller or by the nature of the inquiry without compromising company or employee confidentiality
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Previous experience in a site security role
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven experience in managing conflict
- SIA Licence (Desirable)