Scientist - Principal Scientist - Protein Sciences
- Experience Level
My Client, an exciting Molecular Diagnostics firm in Cambridge are currently looking to expand it's Protein Sciences team following recent funding and as such is looking for a Scientist / Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist to come on board in the coming months.
- Design, clone, express and characterise DNA modification enzymes.
- Advance and optimise on multiple platform technologies e.g. mammalian cell expression, bacterial, yeast and insect cells.
- Develop and execute biochemical assays for the characterisation of enzymes.
- Work cross-functionally with other research groups, including discovery, bioinformatics and assay development.
- Apply information obtained from internal and external partners including academic collaborators to develop and optimise enzymes and assays.
- Work collaboratively to obtain protocols, tools and reagents needed to execute experiments.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical documents, project report summaries, laboratory protocols, and other regulatory documents.
- A PhD degree in biochemistry or structural biology
- A minimum of 2 years of industrial or postdoc experience with experience in protein expression optimisation.
- Experience in multiple protein expression platform technologies e.g. mammalian cell expression, bacterial, yeast and insect cells.
- Experience with developing enzyme assays, especially with those that act on nucleic acids.
Apply for Scientist - Principal Scientist - Protein Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly