Senior Scientist – Viral Vector AAV LLV AV – Analytical Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Senior Scientist in Viral Vector Product Analytical Development at a hugely exciting novel biotechnology company based in Oxford, England. This is a fantastic role for a developing scientist to step into a senior position with real potential to develop further whilst conducting cutting edge scientific R&D.
- Lead development and implementation of analytical assays for the measurement of quality attributes and characterisation of viral vector products, suitable for validation within cGMP laboratories
- Ensuring method readiness by implementation of pre-qualification protocols
- Support technical transfer and validation within cGMP facilities
- Define, design, and execute experiments to develop and optimise analytical assays to ensure product quality and potency for novel viral vector products
- Develop best-in-class methods, looking at implementation of new technology and best practises for analysis of viral vectors and applying internally, including technology scouting as required
- Ensure that all experimental and analytical data are documented following data integrity principles
- Work collaboratively with Research, Process Development and CDMOs/CROs to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to analytical issues
- Provide technical guidance, training and coaching to other members of the Analytical Development team
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements
- PHD, MSc or BSc (PHD + at least 2 years relevant industry experience, MSc or BSc 5+ years relevant industry experience) Experience in analysis of viral vector products such as Adeno-associated viruses AAV, Lentiviral vectors LVV or Adenovirus AV process development
- Proven industry experience in developing, transferring, qualifying and validating analytical methods for the measurement of viral particle titres/vector genome quantitation, genetic sequence integrity (qPCR/ddPCR) and vector loading within a regulated environment
- Experienced in the development, transfer, qualification and validation of assays for determination of capsid quantitation, purity, loading and integrity by a range of methods including UV, CE and UHPLC
- Experience in development of cell-based potency assays for viral vector products is ideal
- Experience in the application DoE to optimise analytical assays would be an advantage
- Understanding and experience of development and establishment of in-process analytical methods as applied to mammalian cell culture processes producing viral vector products
- In-depth knowledge and extensive practical experience with interpretation of analytical data, good understanding of statistical methods and experience using data analysis software is required
Following your application Simon Trebilcock, a specialist scientific recruiter with over 7 years’ experience recruiting in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sector with a MSc in Molecular Biology will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Simon Trebilcock for any further information
Email - email@example.com
Telephone - +44 (0)203 928 6632.
About Planet Pharma
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Senior Scientist – Viral Vector AAV LLV AV – Analytical Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly