Clinical Research Scientist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
A healthcare company is in search for a Clinical Research Scientist to support their development team in the area of clinical research. This is an opportunity to help and drive forward effective therapy for patients.
- Developing and designing studies to determine the clinical value of compounds in development and interpreting the results of these studies under the guidance of the senior R&D team
- Writing research protocols for clinical studies
- Preparing scientific reports and presentations related to clinical trials
- Reviewing and assessing research proposals for investigator-initiated studies
- Coordination of communication and collaboration with the relevant scientific and regulatory partners
- Interpretation of study findings
- Delivering end of study reports and publication/presentation of results
Skills and Requirements
- A PhD in a scientific field.
- Relevant experience in conducting and designing clinical trials in the areas of psychiatry, neurology, or neuroscience
- Experience of working in industry is highly desirable as is a broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the clinical development process
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Experience with authoring scientific documents
- Well-developed communication skills appropriate to the target audience, promoting effective decision-making where necessary
- Project management experience is desirable
- Passion for working collaboratively and learning new skills
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.