UK Senior Medical Manager Nephrology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Astellas Pharma UK have an exciting opportunity for a physician or Pharmacist to join the Astellas UK affiliate as an integral part of the team and assume Senior Medical Manager responsibilities for a new ‘first in class’ product in Nephrology (Chronic Kidney disease).
The Senior Medical Manager role is key to contributing to the definition and implementation of the medical strategy for Nephrology at a national level, including planning and conducting medical and scientific activities for the needs of internal and external stakeholders and making a difference to patients lives.
Ideally, you will have high level of medical expertise within Nephrology, or relevant experience within anaemia, cardiovascular and hypertension.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- The strategic development and execution of the Core Medical Plan (CMP) with the Brand strategic focus
- Cross functional collaboration with internal stakeholders to support the generation and communication of scientific and medical insights to internal stakeholders
- Ensures excellence in execution of all governance processes and budgets
- Oversee insights generation activities and ensure actionable insights are incorporated in strategic planning processes
- Demonstrates the value of Astellas medical and the value of Astellas products
- Understands and meets needs of product lifecycle management through resource deployment planning meeting stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Collaborating with Marketing in creating promotional material/activities for the own products of its therapeutic area.
- Reviewing and approving in ZINC the promotional materials of its therapeutic area, complying with the deadlines established in the procedure and according to local and applicable internal regulations.
- Establishing and developing professional relationships with opinion leaders and experts in their therapeutic area.
- Providing training to commercial area on issues of interest related to its therapeutic area.
- Providing medical-scientific support to Marketing, Market Access, Business Intelligence, Regulatory, Clinical Operations and EHQ departments (advice, reports, recommendations, etc.).
- Coordinating and executing medical-scientific activities in product launches: product presentations, expert meetings.
- Participating as a local expert in internal meetings of the company and Europe HQ/GMA, and provide medical-scientific support for external meetings (symposium...).
- Generating and coordinating activities of a scientific nature: educational programmes, meetings to disseminate results, advisory meetings.
- Coordinating preparation of expert and value-added reports for regulatory and market access issues.
- Develop and maintain best expertise of assigned therapeutic area through self-study, company-provided training and scientific meeting attendance in order to enhance the contribution to the company.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Regulatory guidelines, Code of Practices and Company SOPs to ensure adherence and be a role model in the organization.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with regulations, internal processes and SOPs
- Lead Medical Managers. Supports growth and development experiences and provides coaching and timely feedback
Requirements for the role:
- Medical degree or Registered Pharmacist and solid experience as a Medical Manager or experienced Medical Advisor
- Good experience from within the Pharmaceutical industry and knowledge of UK regulations, particularly ABPI and advertising regulations for medicines.
- An understanding/experience of Research methodology and clinical biostatistics.
- Knowledge of the Nephrology therapy area and able to generate meaningful medical insights around the product
- Strong communication skills, able to present data to a varied audience and tailor accordingly
- Must be fully fluent in written and verbal English
- Capable of working in a matrix environment and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
- Good career opportunities
- Inspiring work climate
- Attractive remuneration package
At Astellas we are a progressive health partner, delivering value and outcomes where needed We pursue innovative science, focusing initially on the areas of greatest potential and then developing solutions where patient need is high, often in rare or under-served disease areas and in life-threatening or life-limiting diseases and conditions. We work directly with patients, doctors and health care professionals on the front line to ensure patient and clinical needs are guiding our development activities at every stage. We work closely with regulatory authorities and payers to find new ways to ensure access to new therapies. We deliver the latest insights and real-world evidence to inform the best decisions for patients and their care-givers, to ensure the medicines we develop continue to provide meaningful outcomes. Beyond medicines, we support our stakeholder communities to drive initiatives that improve awareness, education, access and ultimately standards of care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.