- Experience Level
Leading Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires an experienced Production Manager with experience working to a high level of GMP experience.
About the role:
- To provide daily leadership and management of a small production team, warehouse team and a maintenance engineer.
- To ensure all the activities within Pharmaceutical and Food/Beverage manufacturing are compliant to current procedures with regards to Quality, Health & Safety and Customer requirements.
- To lead operational excellence and continuous improvement activities - act as a champion at a site leadership level
- To ensure that the weekly and monthly production plans are met.
- To lead the improvement of manufacturing processes and ensure changes are appropriately controlled
Duties may include:
- To be a leader and model for GMP and associated positive behaviours
- To provide leadership for quality and compliance through early investigation of any deviations, putting in place effective CAPA to prevent repeat incidents
- Participation in regulatory and customer audits
- Improvement of workplace organisation and housekeeping with tools such as 5S to maintain audit readiness
- Daily management of EHS in manufacturing and warehouse areas
- Appropriate General, COSHH and Manual Handling risk assessments are in place
- Drive a culture of engaged employees using continuous improvement
- Set and monitor appraisal objectives for the Production Team Leader, Warehouse Lead, Site Engineer. Oversee Operators objectives & general performance
- Mentor, train and develop operational team members
- To set and deliver the monthly budgets for manufacturing & warehouse both in terms of staff and overhead spend
- To continuously improve manufacturing processes to improve 'right first time' compliance and to reduce cost of waste
- To meet the agreed plan and deliver quality product to customers in the agreed timelines (On Time Delivery)
- To organise and manage the manufacturing and engineering teams to deliver an efficient service to both internal and external customers.
- Work with BD and R&D teams to support new product development Responsible for Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, Cost control and Customer Delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that all manufacturing and associated areas are compliant to GMP
- Adherence to the manufacturing plan, investigating misses and putting in place necessary improvements to avoid recurrence
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience within a Manufacturing and Operational environment in Natural Products, Pharmaceutical or Food/Beverage Industry.
- Ideally Degree educated - scientific, engineering or operational management preferred
- Proven track record in leadership of manufacturing teams
- Experience of working in an Operational Excellence culture including Daily Accountability, Visual Management and 5S management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Health and safety performance - accidents and lost time
- Right First Time - Quality and Performance - Zero defects/Zero Major deviations.
- Adherence to the plan.
- On Time in Full - Customer Satisfaction.
- Downtime and efficiency performance
- Inspection ready at all times
- Development and mentoring of team and core competencies/behaviours
- Production overhead expenditure
- Taking Ownership: High personal accountability for personal actions and those of site employees
- Passion for Quality: Walks the talk regarding Quality insisting on correct practices, processes and behaviours
- Excellent Customer Service: Strives to and delivers customer requirements and communicates importance to the wider site staff
- Continuous Improvement and Delivery: Seizes every opportunity for site and individual improvement. Introduces continuous improvement processes and elevates their importance
You will be joining an extremely well established and growing Pharmaceutical Manufacturer.
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly