Formulation Technical Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Lead the pharmaceutical and formulation development for IMP clinical trials drugs products
Coordinateing and establishing formulation strategy and scale up
Global Organisation specialise in developing and producing novel medicines
- Provides leadership and clear direction to the technical leads regarding the scientific strategy of the project - at the outset, during and in reporting and delivery of the project. Partners the project manager to ensure overall project delivery.
- Technical approval and sign-off on client documents (including but not limited to technical specifications, project risk assessments, development reports, PowerPoints) and data provided to the client. Where any of the above are delegated to the project team, the responsibility and accountability remain with the Technical Manager.
- Escalates high impact technical, quality, resourcing and client relationship issues that will significantly impact the outcome of the project to the appropriate senior management level.
- Anticipates technical blockers and acts to address
- Will lead technical capability projects to improve on or bring in new technologies into the site. This may be in collaboration with the corporate S&T function, other sites, external companies or academic groups
- Coaching, mentoring and development of junior staff (direct and indirect reports)
- Education to degree level or higher in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, physical sciences or engineering.
- Greater than 7 years' experience in pharmaceutical product design, development and manufacture
- In depth understanding of formulation development and process development of simple and complex oral dosage forms, and the supporting analytical methodologies and characterisation techniques.
- Understanding of regulatory and quality requirements in the major markets and the application of ICH guidelines, in particular relating to quality by design.
Competitive Salary package, Work From Home plan