Client Services Research Leader
- Experience Level
Leading Cambridge based Contract Research Organisation seeks an experienced Client Services Research Leader.
Candidates should ideally have experience conventional and/or automated patch clamp electrophysiology, a strong background in ion channel research and some management and/or project management experience.
Duties may include the following:
- Working closely with Senior Management Team to plan, execute and deliver customer research contracts to quality standards.
- Performing hands on electrophysiology experiments for client research programmes.
- Provision of technical expertise and mentoring of junior laboratory staff.
- Creation of study protocols and accurate documentation of study results.
- Presentation of results at team and client meetings, plus providing recommendations for future strategy.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment and willingness to adopt and champion company values.
- Monitoring new scientific technologies and developments that may wish to adopt for use in client research programmes.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of conventional or automated patch clamp electrophysiology.
- Demonstrable knowledge of ion channel biophysics and pharmacology.
- Experience with leading scientific research teams, developing and implementing experimental research plans.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organisational and written/ oral communication skills.
- PhD in Lifesciences with at least three years' experience of laboratory research experience. BSc or MSc with at least five years of laboratory research experience.
- Customer liaison
- Experience of working in a busy industrial/commercial laboratory environment.
- Line management experience, especially with respect to developing a team.