CNC Production Programmer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
International Manufacturer based in Bedfordshire seeks an experienced CNC Production Programmer.
About the role:
This is a full-time role working in the manufacturing team on stainless and mild steel production processes. Supplying the manufacturing team with the relevant job information to enable production using the software solutions provided to create flat sheet metal patterns.
This role requires a reliable, self-disciplined person who has a good attention to detail and is able to achieve the targets set to meet customer demands on time and in full. You must be conversant with workshop health and safety practices.
Working hours are 39 hours per week, 7am - 4pm Monday to Thursday and 7am -12 noon on Fridays.
* Create Laser nests and programs for manufacturing.
* To use and be skilled in Truboost and/or Trutops software.
* To use Radan software and understanding of Punch tooling and machinery.
* Basic AutoCad 2D skills to check DXF files. Check dimensions and layouts.
* Maintain a standard parts library of manufactured and purchased components.
* Works order creation for all standard, modified and bespoke products including BOM's, routings and all associated paperwork/information.
* Knowledge and use of sheet metal machinery; Laser, Guillotine, CNC Punch, Press Brake. Linisher plus welding as well as various hand tools in the fabrication and finishing of materials.
* Quality Assurance by inspection of own work and final inspection for manufactured and purchased finished products along with the associated paperwork.
* Be aware of the estimating and commercial office tasks in order to advise and assist when required.
* Manage the stock level of all materials.
* The reporting of issues within cost of quality.
* Attend regular meetings with Production management and team.
Skills and experience:
* Use of AutoCAD 2D.
* Some basic AutoCAD inventor knowledge may be applicable.
* Use of TruTops or TruBoost.
* Use of Radan.
* Use of Laser, guillotine, CNC Punch and Press Brake.
* Able to read engineering drawings.
* Workshop & Office Health & Safety regulations.
* Plan and prioritise your own work.
* Respond to short lead times which requires a flexible approach.
* Self-motivated and able to work own initiative.
* Builds good relationships
* Timely decision-making and good team player.
* A responsible attitude.
* Good spoken and written communication skills.
* Good level of numeracy.
* Able to impart knowledge to develop others.
* Intermediate computer skills Excel, Word, Outlook.
Apply for CNC Production Programmer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly