Genomics Lab Head (897395-GBA)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client, an innovative and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, committed into delivering products on the market over the next 5 years, is looking a Lab Head Genomics for a permanent position based in Basel area.
The ideal candidate should have a PhD in a life sciences discipline and 5+ years postdoctoral experience in the field of gene expression and/or NGS analysis proven by a strong publication record.
- Explore, pilot, and implement established NGS protocols to support projects.
- Evaluate emerging NGS technologies and use industry networks to pragmatically select and pilot these technologies.
- Champion genomics in all its facets by active contributions to team and management meetings
- Providing leadership to the existing genomics platform and its lab members.
- Active representation of the biomarker group, particularly the genomics capabilities in selected R&D teams.
- Characterization of clinical translation through integrated analysis of animal models and clinical samples.
- Driving the exploration of biomarkers and discovery of novel drug targets.
- Monitor and improve the effectiveness of Translational Biomarker strategy with other functions
- Performing multivariate biomarker data analysis for several projects in close collaboration with functions in and outside the Translational Biomarker Group, putting experimental results into a biological context using internal and external knowledge databases.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.
- PhD in a life sciences relevant discipline
- Min 5 years postdoctoral experience in the field of gene expression and/or NGS analysis
- Experience in a pharmaceutical R&D environment and demonstrated experience in the clinical implementation of genomics, e.g., diagnostics or clinical trials would be an advantage.
- Line management experience (supervision of associates minimally at the MSc level will be considered).
- Experience with Illumina-based high throughput sequencing applications for the profiling of gene expression and targeted assays.
- Thorough understanding of strengths and limitations of current (single cell /) sequencing technologies to appropriately advise on the design of complex experiments in disease models that mutually leverage the groups’ multi-omics approaches (including sequencing, mass spectrometry, flow- and cytokine profiling).
- Expert knowledge in genomics information resources and more advanced pathway / biological network and multivariate analyses.
- Familiar working within a UNIX environment. relevant experience in data analysis, use of R/Bioconductor and dissemination of results by reports in markdown or shiny apps.
- Full professional proficiency in English.