- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
On behalf of my client, a Healthcare Packaging company based in Offaly, I am currently recruiting for a Product Engineer. This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
- Revision of current product specifications and drawings for customers and internal changes.
- Development and control of new customer specifications. Liaise with customers re. Artworks and specifications and advise on the capabilities of the company.
- Development, Ordering and control of all process related tooling i.e. Dies (roller press and sealing) and plates.
- Analysis of machine capabilities, and identification of potential problems with tooling compatibility.
- Co-ordinate all orders of tooling through the system and liaise with suppliers, customers, planning and sales. Monitor the status of pending orders.
- Constant liaison with Quality, Planning, Sales, Production and Customer Service re. status & approval of pending specifications.
- Review customer complaints and ensure appropriate actions for the product engineering department.
- Project work and other ad hoc duties.
- Maintenance & update of internal MRP system (MFG Pro).
- Liaise with customers and departmental supervisors on an on-going basis, taking appropriate action in their support as required.
- Third level Qualification in a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and manipulations using SQL Server and Oracle databases desirable.
- Ability to organize and disseminate information efficiently, must be able to work with and communicate to all levels of resources and management.
- Strong background in AutoCAD.
For a full job spec and more information on this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com
Apply for Product Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly