Senior Project Leader Global Engineering -(Valais)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior Project Leader Global Engineering - Drug Substance (Valias Switzerland)
i-Pharm Consulting is currently partnered with a leading CDMO- pharmaceutical firm based in Valais Switzerland. They are in search of a Senior Project Leader Global Engineering - Drug Substance to join their team. The Senior Project Leader Global Engineering - Drug Substance will lead major technical investment projects primarily at 6 drug substance operations sites. The Senior Project Leader will also be accountable to external engineering partners and delivering project targets per the defined project scope. The successful candidate will be responsible for an on-time, in-budget and in-scope execution of the assigned projects
location. Valias, Switzerland
direct reports .None. Leads Project Teams per Assignment.
yearly budget . Up to 10 MCHF in one or more project
Individual project budgets typically > 2 MCHF
travel. Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Overall responsibility for on-time, in-budget and in-scope execution of assigned major investment projects.
- Is responsible for the full scope of the project budgets and schedules.
- Is responsible for the immediate escalation of deviations from the project schedule, budget or scope to the steering committee.
- Is responsible for the full adherence to the CAPEX process in the assigned projects.
- Supports decision making on new investment projects by providing proper documentation, i.e. investment proposal, funding request, business case, budget estimate.
- Ensures that each project has a clear and comprehensive scope and that it is documented in a user requirement specification (URS) according to the companys standards and formally approved by all relevant stakeholders.
- Provides leadership to project team members and contributes to the development of their project management and technical skills.
- Provides expert knowledge and advice on state of the art technologies with
- Ensures assigned projects have a defined organization and roles and responsibilities of team
- members are clear and followed.
- Puts project governance in place for each project, i.e. steering meetings and defined escalation mechanism.
- Strong negotiation skills, able to think independently and challenge the status quo
- Highly credible - both professionally and personally, with an engaging and hands-on approach.
- Strong eye for detail and a pragmatic, hands-on approach to problem solving; must be decisive in tackling issues.
- Readily challenges the status quo to consistently drive for improved results, but does so in a systematic, well thought through manner.
- Highly developed leadership and influencing skills; must demonstrate the ability to secure buy-in across the organization and really take people with him/her.
- A strong communicator, with a clear and concise presentation style and the ability to convey the vision in a manner readily accessible and understandable to all.
- Collaborative and consensual - a colleague that people turn to for advice and want to work with.
- Master or Bachelor in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably specializing in pharmaceutical or process engineering
- Business fluent in French and English, German a plus
- Experience in pharmaceutical API industry is a MUST
- At least 10 years of large-scale CAPEX project leadership experience in chemical drug substance manufacturing
- Understands the major technologies and unit operations which are used in multi-product batch production plants and has solid experience in running investment projects in this environment throughout all project phases
- Very good cGMP knowledge, including equipment / facilities qualification (OQ, IQ, PQ)
- Strong project management skills and cost driven approach
If you're intrested in this position or know someone that is suitable please contact Olivia Lewis at +49 (0) 89 380 358 62 or at firstname.lastname@example.org