Senior Scientist - Bioscience, Oncology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you have expertise in, and a passion for delivery of novel therapeutics, biomarkers and identifying new targets? would you like to apply your expertise to impact the drug discovery and development process in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
This role will be located on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, this site combines world-class biomedical research, patient care and education on a single site location in the heart of Cambridge. The office will be within walking distance of the new purpose-built building that will bring together the company's research and development activity in a state-of-the-art strategic R&D centre and global corporate headquarters. The building has been designed with the open architecture reflecting AstraZeneca's collaborative approach to research. Open laboratories and transparent glass walls will enable new ways of working across disciplines, whilst a central courtyard will put science on full display.
In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our dedication means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
Fast-paced, it takes agility and responsiveness to stay committed in our pursuit of excellence. We work with focus to seek the unanswered questions - innovating, challenging accepted norms, quick decision-making and taking smart risks. A place of trust, it's an opportunity to take accountability, be brave, speak up, step up and redefine Oncology, now and in the future. Be a part of improving lives. This is the time to join the team who is confident that cures for cancer are within our grasp.
What you'll do
Working collaboratively within the in vivo team across the oncology portfolio you will apply your scientific and technical expertise to a number of project teams delivering efficacy and pharmacodynamic studies to aid drug discovery and development. As well as designing, planning and executing in vivo studies you will be responsible for analysing and communicating complex scientific data. Key will be your ability to prioiritise your own workload whilst working as part of a cross-functional, multidisciplinary project teams.
Essential for the role
- A PhD in oncology or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Expert in vivo skills that can be applied to oncology drug discovery
- Home Office personal licence holder
- High ethical standards and a keen eye for animal welfare
- Experience in carrying out independent, relevant scientific research, ideally evidenced by publication of scientific abstracts, posters or peer-reviewed papers
- Ability to critically analyse and communicate in vivo scientific data
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to work as part of a team
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in a multidisciplinary setting
Desirable for the role
- Industry experience
- Understanding of PK/PD relationships
- Experience working with external partners/collaborators
- Experience as project licence holder / deputy
- Experience of cell culture
- Experience formulating compounds
- Experience of ex vivo endpoints
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.
- If you're curious to know more then please reach out to Louise Bennett
Competitive salary package and benefits
Close Date: 21/05/2021
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.