Supply Chain Manager – International Markets
- Experience Level
Would you like to be part of a growing Swedish biopharma company?
Hansa Biopharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company that is developing immunomodulatory treatments for enabling transplantations, rare immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated autoimmune conditions, gene therapy and cancer. The Company’s lead product candidate, imlifidase, has been granted conditional approval in the European Union to desensitise highly sensitised adult kidney transplant patients with a positive crossmatch against an available deceased donor. Commercial launch of imlifidase in select European countries is ongoing. Hansa has established a new function, International Markets, to commercialise markets outside of Europe and in the US.
Hansa’s research and development program is also advancing the Company’s enzyme technology to develop the next generation of IgG-cleaving enzymes with potentially lower immunogenicity, rendering them suitable for repeat dosing in relapsing autoimmune diseases and oncology. Hansa Biopharma is based in Lund, Sweden and has operations in other European countries and the US.
Position: Supply Chain Manager – International Markets
With a focus on international markets, the Supply Chain Manager will support all aspects of the supply chain process, from API supply to delivery of final product, in markets both familiar and new to Hansa Biopharma. This includes the establishment of partnerships with suppliers and stakeholders in new markets and territories.
- Liaising with appropriate internal functions to develop forecasting and planning requirements for drug substance/API, drug product and finished product
- Providing updating forecast information to contract manufacturing organisations (CMOs) and distribution partners, in line with contractual requirements
- Raising purchase orders (POs) against CMOs for drug substance, drug product and finished product
- Managing PO progress with CMOs including drug product release, finished product release, distribution, return, destruction and reconciliation of POs
- Monitoring contract partner KPIs and escalating any non-compliance
- Managing inventory levels, throughout the supply chain
- Monitoring inventory of finished product, and associated expiry dates, at distributors and hospitals and action in line with company policy
- Managing supply, including logistics, to support contract distribution partners' requirements
- Liaising with the regulatory function to manage the smooth introduction of artwork and packaging component updates
- Developing processes, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), in support of supply chain activities e.g. forecasting, purchasing, inventory management
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders (e.g. finance, regulatory, commercial and legal)
- Participate in inspection readiness efforts for internal and external audits
- Ensure compliance with company SOPs, protocols and specifications
- Participate in the investigation of non-compliance issues
- Provide recommendations for corrective and remedial actions
- Support the selection and management of new partner vendors
- Development of strong working relationships with partner CMOs
Professional Qualifications and Experience
In order to succeed in this position, we believe that you should possess:
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a Business, Supply Chain or Life Sciences discipline, or similar/equivalent professional qualification
- A proven track record of success in a supply chain role, or roles, over a period of 10+ years, preferably in a management capacity
- Previous experience in an international pharmaceutical supply chain role is highly desirable and candidates with this background will be prioritised
- Experience working in an international and regulated organisation/industry
- Fluency in English to a high standard, both written and oral
You as a person
Working at Hansa is more than a job for us. At Hansa, our culture is characterised by pride — pride in what we do, in the company and in what we have, and will, accomplish for patients around the world. We are also proud of our colleagues, and we genuinely care about each other. We are friends, empowering one another and appreciating everyone’s uniqueness, and we believe in working together as a team. We encourage bravery, personal development and discovering new ways forward.
To foster the best possible organisational match, we hope that you recognise yourself as having the following characteristics:
- Leadership experience with a willingness to take accountability in difficult situations
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- An acute understanding of the importance surrounding the supply of medicines
What we offer
- A position in a company that envisions a world where patients with rare immunological diseases lead long and healthy lives.
- The chance to be part of an innovative R&D-driven organisation with a strong desire to make a difference for people.
- An opportunity to build a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with global outreach.
- An open-minded and welcoming atmosphere. We care about our employees and are immensely proud to have been certified “A Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work®, a global authority on workplace culture, employee experience and leadership behaviour.
- Friendly, motivated and skilled colleagues with whom you can both laugh and work.
Type of employment:
This is a permanent and full-time (40 hours) position, requiring completion of an initial probationary period of 6 months.
Hansa Biopharma is based in Lund, Sweden. This role can be performed remotely, however regular travel to Lund will be required and applicants should consider this carefully.
Please apply for the position through the following link. Applications cannot be accepted by email.
Attach your CV and a cover letter in English only. We are unable to review applications received in other languages.
The last day for applications is Friday 21 May, however we will review applications as they are received and may close the process earlier.
For questions regarding the position and process, please contact the recruiting manager: Mark Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application – join us and make significant contributions to Hansa Biopharma´s research!