Senior SAS Programmer (PK/PD & NONMEM required)
4 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior/Principal SAS Programmer (PK/PD & NONMEM required)
Location: Cambridge, UK, Gothenburg, Sweden or Warsaw, Poland
Competitive salary and benefits
Play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, SAS Programming? Would you like to apply your skills to impact all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team unlocking the power of what science can do. We are working towards treating, preventing, modifying and even curing some of the world's most complex diseases. Here we have the potential to grow our pipeline and positively impact the lives of billions of patients around the world.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you'll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
This position focuses on all aspects of data preparation, programming, validation and diagnostics to support pharmacometric and clinical pharmacology analyses at the study level to influence critical decision making throughout all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions. This person will support data preparation for pharmacometric analyses (Population PK, modelling and simulation, model-based and mechanistic knowledge), clinical pharmacokinetic activities, quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) modelling, drug disease modelling and exploring machine learning and artificial intelligence approaches.
Works directly with the pharmacometricians and clinical pharmacology scientists providing data support. Implements and supports standards and a harmonized approach to programming.
With support from the Principal Pharmacometrician and the TA lead, the incumbent will be responsible for integrating internal (and external) data to support interpretation and decision making at the study level and with some support at the project level.
- Accountable for expert data integration, manipulation and preparation results at the study level
- Collates, cleans and prepares data to support M&S to influence study designs and go/no go decisions and support development of (mechanistic) drug-disease models within a specific disease domain
- Contribute to regulatory documents and interactions (written)
- Contribute to internal initiatives to develop the pharmacometric discipline including its processes
- Participation in peer review of ongoing activities, reports and presentations
- Compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) regulations as well as internal/external guidance's
- Build infrastructure, software and standards using programming macros
- Recommend tools, updates and upgrades
- Occasional interactions with leaders as clinical experts
- Engage with vendors on data delivery and technical issue and data transfers
- Strong SAS programming skills
- Demonstrated expertise in data preparation and programming to support pharmacometrics, including PK, PKPD and/or statistics
- BSc or post graduate qualification (or local equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, Life or Social Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated data programming and clinical development expertise and experience exemplified by extensive years of drug development experience, with emphasis on data preparation of Clinical Pharmacometrics
- Expert knowledge of data preparation and programming practices (CDISC, SDTM, ADaM) to support pharmacokinetics and Model-Based Drug Development
- Varied programming languages (SAS, R, Python)
- Knowledge of Browser programming skills (JSON, Java, Spring),
- Experience in early and late stage drug development
- Experience with relevant software and tools within the field of MBDD (e.g. SIMCYP, R, NONMEM, Monolix, Winbugs, Stan, Phoenix, PKS) (T)
- Good knowledge of global regulatory, compliance, processes, standards and issues specific to clinical pharmacology
- Quantitative/Scientific background (Statistics, Engineering, Biological Science)
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Date advert opened: 23rd April 2021
Date advert closed for applications: 23rd May 2021