Laboratory Support Assistant, Laboratory Management Team
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you want a meaningful role that matters? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Laboratory Management Team is responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the GMP laboratory suites. The team is accountable for the smooth running of the day to day activities of the laboratories including cleaning, waste management, stock control and overseeing equipment servicing and calibration.
We have an entry level opportunity for an enthusiastic computer literate individual with a keen interest in science to join our Laboratory support team
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- The timely removal and decontamination of clinical waste from the laboratory suites ensuring a compliant working environment.
- To prepare and maintain disinfectant solutions to the correct concentration appropriate for use.
- To collect and clean used laboratory glassware and general laboratory items.
- Maintain consumable stock levels for the laboratories.
- Proactively ensure the laboratories are kept clean and tidy to aid the fulfilment of GMP and H&S audit requirements.
- Ensure clear concise information is passed onto team members.
- Be the point of contact for laboratory enquires by Scientists regarding waste control and consumable requests.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of GCSE grade C in English and Mathematics or equivalent level
- Good standard or English both written and spoken.
- Experience in working in a similar environment an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrate a keen interest in science and or pharmaceutical development
- Ability to follow instructions i.e. standard operating procedures and/or protocols.
- A team player with a positive willing approach.
- Proactive and well organised
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Good standard of computer literacy.
*Please note this is not considered an undergraduate career path into Research & Development or Manufacturing at Oxford Biomedica. Please see Scientist II or Biotechnologist I or other similar opportunities on our career site for these types of roles.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please