Accountant - EMEA
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
At Astellas we can offer an inspiring place to work and a chance to make your mark in doing good for others.
Our expertise, science and technology make us a pharma company. Our open and progressive culture is what makes us Astellas. It’s a culture of doing good for others and contributing to a sustainable society. Delivering meaningful differences for patients is our driving force. We all have a significant opportunity to make that difference, working locally in the areas we know best, whilst drawing inspiration from the different insights and expertise we have access to globally and from our innovative, external partners.
Our ethos is underpinned by the Astellas Way, comprising five core values: patient focus; ownership; results; openness and integrity.
We are proud to offer an inclusive and respectful working environment that fosters collaboration and ownership. Our aspiration is to bring the best brains together, to provide them with world-leading tools and resources and a unique structure that fosters real agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
As we continue to evolve and grow then so too do our corporate or Business Services functions, hence Astellas now has a new opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join our wider Finance team.
About This Job
Working as part of our wider Finance function supporting various EMEA functions you will:
- Work as part of a team, supporting a number of business unit Finance Controllers in accounting, controlling and reporting activities.
- Support month-end close and preparation of associated reporting
- Provide support for payment activities
- Ensure business process controls are effective and evidenced
- Contribute to audit activity including working with external 3rd parties
- Provide sales reporting
- Work with our Trading Divisions to include accounting of stock movements and price variances.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Accountancy and Finance experience gained in a complex, global organisation, within a Finance function
- Proficiency in Invoicing, Credit process, Billing, Accounts receivable, Accounts payable and expenses.
- Familiarity with international accountancy standards and working with J-Sox controls
- Experience of working with SAP (ideally SAP S/4HANA)
- Stakeholder management experience
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- EMEA or global experience so as to understand European finance regulations
- A background within Pharma or similar
- 4-5 yrs PQE Accountant; CIMA / ACA / ACCA
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.