- Experience Level
Here at huumun, we believe in the power of the human touch in every technology!
We are one team of multi-disciplinary experts, specialising in UX, UI design, Scientific/Medical Communications, Data Analysis and Visualisation, project management and full-stack development. Through close collaboration and agile methodologies, we create user-centric digital experiences that empower users in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
We are now looking for a hands-on IT Manager to take over the role. A key aspect of the role is being hands-on and technical; it is a standalone IT Manager position but with an outsourced helpdesk and escalation resource. There may be scope for growing the team down the line but in the short-medium term the candidate would need to be happy to be the sole in-house IT resource for the company, though there is often cross-over project work with other teams like Dev/DevOps. In addition to the daily workload there are several strategic projects that are in flight that the new IT Manager would take over responsibility for.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage the Infrastructure & Systems requirements within the business, providing support across all aspects of IT and systems within our growing business. Ideally with a strong Windows Infrastructure background with exposure to Azure.
Based in Bracknell although this role will be mainly remote, supporting the delivery of the best service for both our clients and our employees. We are looking for an IT Manager with a creative mindset and a passion for technology that can work with us across cloud, on-prem and SaaS platforms. The IT Manager helps keep our infrastructure, systems and users, across multiple locations around the world, running at top efficiency!
- Ownership of the IT function across the company including the support, provision and maintenance of all the company's IT systems, network and communications infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
- Managing and implementing IT Infrastructure, Systems and Processes such as provisioning and migrating servers, OS upgrades, database implementation
- Managing and maintaining Windows Server 2012 - 2019 servers, Exchange 2016 Hybrid, Active Directory domain, Office 365 (Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive), Intune MDM, VMware vSphere 6.7, Palo Alto firewall
- Supporting hosted business applications including Jira, Confluence, Sage 200
- Managing end-user hardware provisioning, updates, security, connectivity and configuration (Windows 10 / Mac / iOS / Android).
- Providing end-user support and training regarding IT software and processes to users in person and remotely, alongside our outsourced IT Helpdesk and Support Partner
- Contributing to decisions on IT Budgeting as well forecasting and recommendations on IT Strategy
- Managing licences and support contracts on hardware and software
- Designing, implementing and managing all DR/BCP processes
- Managing, maintaining and developing IT security and compliance policies
- Support hosted servers, applications and CMS technologies - Azure, IIS, SQL Server, Sitecore, Umbraco, WordPress, alongside Dev and DevOps teams
- Technical Architecture - plan, develop and implement complex hosting environments for client hosted environments
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE :
- Azure PaaS, IaaS WebApps experience.
- Office 365 Administration (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint)
- Windows Server background with full knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP, VMware etc
- Networking knowledge - TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN, VPN, SSL & IPSec
- Web hosting - App Services, IIS, Domains
- Email - Exchange 2016 Hybrid, Mimecast
- Security - Palo Alto Firewall / Sophos Endpoint
- Development - SQL Server / Visual Studio / Azure DevOps
- Applications - Jira / Confluence / Sage 200
- Good PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Experience with VOIP Comms and other telephony
- Microsoft Certifications (Azure / O365)
Location: Flexible - work from home but must be commutable distance to our Bracknell office
Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response. We will notify you if you are progressed to the next stage