- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Your new employer is Covance by Labcorp, the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to improving health and improving lives.Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
As part of a global team you will be responsible for the preparationand negotiation of site agreements, confidentiality agreements, letters of indemnification and other legal documents with study sites. This unique opportunity is perfect if you are looking to develop your legal skills in the pharmaceuticaland CRO industry.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Daily tracking, negotiation and approval of Site Agreements and Site Agreement templates (as applicable) for clinical study teams; timely updating of the departmental Site Agreement Management System ("SAMS") or any other system required for use on a particular study.
- Identify and escalate issues (as defined in departmental processes) that must be escalated to line manager for review.
- Confirm quality of tasks delegated to and completed by Contracts Associate.
- Manage assigned studies with careful compliance with internal processes and procedures, or otherwise according to specified Sponsor requirements.
- Timely updating of the departmental contract tracking system.
- Assisting with obtaining approvals on authorization forms as required; maintaining a contract tracking system to report contract status updates and signing status; providing notice of all executed contracts to the appropriate team members along with contract values; and scanning and filing executed contracts in the shared electronic storage area in a timely manner for access by other staff members.
- Support line manager with departmental goals, objectives and initiatives in a positive and flexible way.
- Provides management with regular status updates on all open contracts and any outstanding issues.
- Complies with and fulfils corporate requirements of the position including, inputting activities in Timesheets, conducting all required training and documenting training in training systems, and preparing and submitting any company expense reports for reimbursement in a timely manner.
- Drafts, negotiates, reviews, and processes contracts in a commercially reasonably manner that protects Covance's fundamental interests and in accordance with departmental practices and policies. Produces and negotiates contracts that accurately reflect Covance's obligations or rights and understandings with third parties.
- Negotiates contractual terms with other contracting parties in a professional manner.
- Identifies potential obstacles in the contracting process promptly and requests assistance of line manager, project management staff, Business Development staff, Budgets & Proposals staff or higher management as necessary to minimize delays and to facilitate the prompt conclusion of contractual negotiations.
- Works closely with appropriate staff to keep them informed of progress of agreements and to avoid any delays in execution.
Join us and see why Covance by Labcorp has been named by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2020 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career.
- Bachelor's degree (LLB, JD, BA or BS) preferred, university-level law degree preferred (UK/EU).
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Recent and relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
To apply for this position pleaseupload your CV in English.