Senior Information Architect
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior Information Architect
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Disrupt an industry and change lives
As Architects, we connect the dots across the business to improve the agility and functionality of our processes to accelerate AstraZeneca to the next level. There's so much potential to influence and drive change, it's a big challenge if you're up for it.
It starts with a holistic view, connecting emerging trends with business ambitions and applying emotional intelligence to understand how we can guide the right way to work and behave. Across the enterprise and each technology domain we come together to find leading solutions that will provide the platform for AstraZeneca's success.
Change agents, we are always proactively hunting for new insights and problem-solving to identify better ways of doing things. Motivated by the opportunities to learn and grow, we move fast and drive forward.
Lay the foundations for future technological and people-driven success across AstraZeneca.
The Information Architect will support and definition of the design and structure of data frameworks, solutions and applications that are designed, and developed for enterprise and functional purposes. This includes defining, leveraging and extending standard AstraZeneca reference architectures, data models and design patterns. This includes:
- Drive in project common ingestion, curation, data design, and consumption patterns feeding back to Enterprise Architecture
- Supporting the definition of reporting and analytics, data science, digital, and operational business use cases
- Supporting the definition of common ingestion, curation, data design, and consumption patterns;
- Support the definition of modeling data structures for conform and consumption layers in line with DataOps
- Support the definition of Information architecture, models, ontologies, taxonomies standards and reusable designs
Also includes managing all architectural alignment tasks during the lifecycle of a project and that they align with Information Standards and Enterprise Models in the Phase-end QA Checkpoints
A key part of this role will be to work with the IT and business stakeholders to update and extend the architectural patterns, technologies, and best practices in data architecture.
Enterprise Data Accountabilities:
- Responsible for working within the Enterprise Data Architecture Framework of defining, extending, managing, and benchmarking project against best practices, models (logical, physical, semantic), standards, frameworks, and the overall Blueprint as owned by the Chief Data Architect.
- Contributes to leaders of the overall Enterprise Data Strategy in partnership the AstraZeneca business functions, solution developments and functional project
- Accountable for the alignment and evolution of the AZ information Architecture, Data Model, Taxonomy, Glossary and Ontologies and the application of those models in solution design and implementation
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and governing ongoing architecture and technology innovation
- Responsible for architecture and technology evangelization, architecture roadmap, and alignment
- Responsible for developing and performing architecture, best practice, and technology education
- Responsible for Architectural Governance across all DA disciplines
Delivery Related Accountabilities:
- Responsible for selecting the correct data architecture patterns to fulfil traditional reporting and analytics, data science, digital, and operational business use cases. This includes:
- Providing project-level data architecture planning, design expertise and execution application on development projects, from technical designs and technology standards to Models and IA considerations.
- Based on business requirements that determines the different types of data structure types needed for a project such as raw, conform, and consumption data layers. Leverages the structure model types such as 3rd Normal Form, denormalized, and dimensionalized structures
- Providing project level support of Data Models, Metadata, Linage, Taxonomies, Ontologies and Information Architecture Best practice and design
- Supports (or leads) in the development of Data Integration architecture and overall Data Integration design of a project
- Approves the various artifacts ensuring enforcement of standard enterprise data element names, abbreviations, characteristics, and domains during the lifecycle of a project
- Responsible for approving many of the project deliverables to ensure compliance and reuse within Architectural Standards as defined by the Chief Data Architect.
Essential Skills & Experience for the role:
- The role holder will possess a blend of data architecture, analysis, and engineering skills
- Good understanding of at least one business area from either Supply Chain or manufacturing.
- Experience in the use of conceptual and logical data modeling technologies
- Experience building conformed dimensions and understand the principles of reusable components and one version of the truth.
- Experience in the use of metadata cataloguing tools
- Strong undergraduate degree in a Computer Science or Data Management
- 10 - 12 years experience in a data\Information architect role
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
Open Date: 22/04/2021
Close Date: 07/05/2021