Patient Services Coordinator II
7 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
This position is responsible for handling customer service inquiries on the phone from a variety of callers related to PAP/pharmacy; place outbound calls for clarification; determine eligibility of applicant, and other program specific functions or medication related activities. Daily activities may switch depending upon volume within different operations groups and where the work is needed. Employee could handle 80-150 communications, applications for eligibility, prescriptions or other types of information in a given day depending on function for that day and program volume.
Specific job duties:
- Handle all inbound/outbound patient, physician, and physician advocate communications in a professional manner and within program guidelines.
- Accurately enter eligibility paperwork, prescriptions, refills, and/or other information into system. Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all applications, mailers, orders, enrolment forms and new patients. Process order rejections and follow-up activities. Report to the proper group any allergy, adverse events, or duplicate therapy warnings that appear.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation and system records of all inquiries.
- Efficiently perform specialized functions for each program with a high level of accuracy. Aid department Lead/supervisor in developing other employees, answering questions, etc.
- Enter and interpret program materials to determine enrollment criteria; explain to the caller or other employees the necessary requirements to be on the program.
- Place outbound phone calls for clarification on any issues involving program or pharmacy guidelines, employees, answering questions, etc.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 2 – 3 years of customer service experience
- Proficiency with personal computers; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to cover peak times
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment quickly; learn quickly, maintain accurate information, and ability to follow direction.
- Ability to adapt to new situations that may arise due to program changes
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting