Scientist – Analytical Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an award-winning UK/US development stage biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, with a focus on immunotherapeutic approaches. We have a first- generation oncolytic virus and three transgene-expressing T-SIGn cancer gene therapy candidates in Phase I/II clinical development and are further developing our innovative platform technology and pipeline of new pre-clinical and research candidates.
Reporting directly to the Head of Analytical Development this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scientist to work within the CMC team and develop and run cell based, biochemical, physiochemical, immunochemical, molecular biology and other methods required to support drug development.
The Scientist will work closely with team members within PsiOxus and contract testing and manufacturing organisations to perform QC release, stability, and characterisation assays in accordance with Regulatory and Quality Guidelines.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Take a lead role in the invention and development of new techniques to support PsiOxus CMC-related activities.
- Routinely perform and participate in the invention, qualification, development, and validation of cell based, biochemical, physicochemical, immunochemical, and other methods required to support manufacturing of PsiOxus products.
- Produce well written, compliant & traceable laboratory notebooks and reports.
- Provide training to other staff as necessary and appropriate.
- Write and review Analytical Development SOPs
- Assist in the technical transfer of analytical methods to relevant Contract Testing Laboratories.
- Routinely perform product characterization and in process analysis to support product development activities.
- Any other activities, as delegated to support the business.
We are looking for a Scientist with experience in Biological Assay Development as well as Analytical Assay technical transfer and assay development or validation.
You must have a good understanding of Design experiments and relevant software and have the ability to analyse and research complex issues and write factual reports. Applicants must also be Proficient with Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and have a BSc or higher degree in in a life science discipline and a minimum of three years practical laboratory experience mostly in a Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical setting.
To be considered for this role applicants must be highly organised and a self-motivated team player and technically competent and capable of working independently in a laboratory. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are also essential.
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package including salary, pension, private healthcare and other benefits. To apply please click on the Apply button to upload your CV and covering letter stating why you think you should be considered.
The closing date for applications is 15th May 2021, however applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please note due to the number of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.