Diagnostic Experts - Oncology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Would you like to use you oncology companion diagnostic development experience to join an industry leading team with the ultimate aim of eliminating cancer as a cause of death? If you would then please read on!
At AstraZeneca Work with diverse minds, all united by a shared passion to learn, grow and discover. We work seamlessly and inclusively together. Playing to each of our strengths, celebrating successes and learning from the best. Embrace the exposure to build a meaningful career.
Due to sustained growth are hiring across a number of new positions in our Precision Medicine function. As a Senior / Associate Director / Director - Diagnostic Expert you will play a pivotal role in providing medicines that make a real difference to patient care. Precision Medicine is at the heart of our commitment to innovation and growth. Through diagnostic tests to evaluate individual responses to treatments, we aim to match medicines to those patients who will benefit most. We apply Precision medicine approaches across all therapy areas (TAs), and in over 85% of drug projects in our pipeline, which sets us apart from our competitors.
In our state-of-the-art research centres you'll be able to immerse yourself in your work, advance your career and contribute towards scientific excellence. But as well as thriving in our multidisciplinary setting, you'll work collaboratively with external diagnostic companies and world-class research institutes.
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science and precision medicine to make a difference to patients and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a Diagnostic Expert with experience at the Senior / Associate Director / Director level you'll be a member of the Oncology Companion Diagnostic Unit (CDU) team. Your objective will be to ensure that innovative companion diagnostic tests are delivered to our oncology drug projects. This will entail developing and implementing the diagnostic strategy agreed by the respective early or late development teams, and planning and leading Precision Medicine activities from a technical, financial, risk, regulatory, IP and partnering perspective.
The role will involve contributing to the personal development of project team members. Providing expert advice on strategic and innovative precision medicine approaches and companion diagnostic development to development teams, you'll be instrumental in ensuring that we adopt world-class practice in the field to increase the likelihood of successful drug development, launch and return on investment.
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant subject
- Significant scientific knowledge in Oncology, companion diagnostic test development expertise and implementation in clinical studies
- Evidence of delivery, and experience of precision medicine approaches and diagnostic development in Oncology
- Excellent skills in communication, leadership, stakeholder influencing, programme management with strong business acumen
- Significant understanding of the functions involved in companion diagnostic development and how they contribute to achieving business objectives.
- Experience of delivering companion diagnostics, regulatory interactions and commercialisation
- Record of publications and strong external reputation in the precision medicine field
Location: Cambridge (Melbourn Science Park) UK, Waltham or Gaithersburg, USA or Gothenburg, Sweden or Shanghai, China or Warsaw, Poland
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Closing Date: 19th May 2021
Next steps, if the role looks suitable to you please apply!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram