Scientist IV, Downstream Process Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist IV, Downstream Process Development to join the team. The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and report relevant downstream studies or investigations and to support other members of the Group as needed to aid the Group Lead in meeting Group/Department objectives.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Involvement in activities ranging from vector production at laboratory and pilot scales, process development and optimisation, technology transfer, and process validation activities associated with the manufacture of new gene therapy vectors.
- Develop and optimise downstream processes for producing lentiviral vectors, working within the Process R&D group.
- Design and execute downstream vector purification and vector formulation activities for scale-up/scale-down of existing bioprocesses.
- Assist in the design of feasibility studies/process characterisation/investigations in accordance with correct methodologies and procedures, associated with one or more projects.
- Analyse and interpret experimental data and report to stakeholders within OXB.
- Prepare written reports and presentations to a high standard
- Write, revise and review SOPs, technical reports, and risk assessments, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the experiments are conducted within the team/project, and their interpretation and reporting are of the highest quality. Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments
- Ensure that all work carried-out in the laboratory is performed efficiently and safely, following OXB HSE procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant Bioscience with an appropriate level of relevant experience.
- Relevant laboratory experience in one or more of the following areas: downstream process development, clarification, chromatography, tangential flow filtration, sterile filtration, product formulation.
- Sound understanding of downstream purification principles and processes.
- Experience in process scale up and tech transfer
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in biological research and development or equivalent experience gained elsewhere
- Experience with the operation of laboratory, pilot or production scale downstream purification processes.
- Excellent aseptic technique.
- An understanding of, or experience in upstream processing (cell culture) would be beneficial.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements.
- Competency in data capture, reporting and management systems.
- Capable of explaining clearly why an experiment is being conducted and how the experiments help the group meet their objectives.
- Knowledge of the overall research programme in your group.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements e.g. GMP, GLP, GCP and/or Validation and Quality Management systems.
- Familiar with data analysis software packages such as but not limited to Microsoft Excel, JMP, Design Expert™, Graphpad Prism
- High level of familiarity with the current literature relating to defined project area.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please