Assoc Safety Project Dir
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
As an Associate Safety Project Director you will provide strategic leadership at customer (or strategic) account level for large post-marketing, clinical trial or combination programs or customer accounts. You will act as a senior level point of contact throughout project duration for local and globally scoped deliverables with single/multiple Lifecycle Safety functions. You will collaborate with global management team and integrated partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives and ensure global consistency.
• Manage customer interface and communication for large programs or standalone projects representing Lifecycle Safety on projects/programs.
• Serve as primary point of contact within Lifecycle Safety for all internal and external customers.
• Manage customer deliverables for assigned projects/programs, including tactical, day-to-day customer-facing leadership at project/program level, project planning (timelines, deliverables), scope management, quality management and project financial management.
• Act as an account owner over a program or customer portfolio and therefore report program/portfolio level metrics and provide oversight of projects.
• Perform role of solution architect responsible for crafting and defending proposed solutions to new standalone Safety business opportunities.
• Act autonomously as the Safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) and single point of contact for Governance, Executives and Integrated Partners in construction of proposed solution and defend the strategy and pricing from initiation through to delivery.
• Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing collateral and operational support to deliver key customer messages.
• Provide leadership structure for customer service interface from scoping stage, through proposal generation, bid defense to transition of work and service delivery.
• Attend Joint Operating Committee Meetings and / or Governance meetings to provide portfolio level quality and compliance metrics.
• Lead internal escalation meetings to ensure quick response to any quality concerns or customer escalations.
• Manage finances for assigned projects/programs.
• Ensure financial project performance through oversight of key performance metrics (i.e. revenue, direct costs, time-sheet costs, contribution margin).
• Develop specialized expertise across the Pharmacovigilance spectrum (e.g. Global Regulatory, Regulatory reporting requirements), and apply this expertise within assigned projects.
• Work with sales and proposals to ensure rapid, seamless, tailored responses to opportunities. Drive business growth by improving customer loyalty through enhanced customer relations, service delivery excellence and excellent customer communication.
• Manage start-up of new projects using standard operating procedures and best practices.
• Provide leadership for Lifecycle Safety virtual project teams; lead internal Lifecycle Safety team meetings to review project processes and status, to ensure projects/programs are delivered in accordance with customer expectations.
• Facilitate sales activities, and sales presentations and proposal development
• Work in a customer centric fashion analyzing current and future customer needs and actively developing innovative, cross- functional strategic solutions within Lifecycle Safety service lines to meet customer needs.
• Take on a higher level of leadership within the department to mentor and support junior leads.
• Bachelor's Degree Health science or other directly related field
• Around 6 to 7 years' clinical research experience in a Contract Research Organization or Pharmaceutical company combining 6 years of Lifecycle Safety (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management etc.) and 3 years' project management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
• In-depth knowledge of applicable global, regional and local clinical research regulatory requirement; i.e.Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines.
• In-depth knowledge of Lifecycle Safety service lines.
• Strong team management and leadership skills.
• Proven project management skills, planning and organizational abilities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
• Proven strong presentation; report writing skills and customer focus skills.
• Ability to achieve results through communication, facilitation, negotiations in a matrix service delivery environment.
• Independent judgment, negotiating, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective business acumen and financial analytical skills, tactical planning, budgeting.
• Customer focused with effective relationship building skills.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.