Manager of Clinical Operations
6 days left
- Experience Level
We are looking for a Functional Manager to join our existing well-structured team and manage a group of outsourced team to one of our sponsors.
Working as part of our Strategic Solutions team, you will be dedicated to one of our Global Programs with a pharmaceutical client; a company that is advancing the development of new medicines in multiple therapeutic areas.
Be ready to work in a solid partnership and an environment driven by innovation and continuous improvement.
As a manager of Clinical Operations you will:
Manage and develop PRA employees to ensure high quality work performance and retention of high quality employees.
Specific accountabilities may vary by area of expertise:
- Develop plans to support growth and career development of assigned Clinical Operations employees as well as manage the delivery of quality performance in line with their job description
- Ensure staff development and performance feedback are provided through activities such as mentorship and career development
- Communicate team and individual goals and expectations to ensure direct reports understand their responsibilities Responsible for managing the performance of staff, including providing input into salaries, bonuses as well as nominations for promotion
- Promote a positive and professional work environment that attracts and retains the best talent and delivers services that exceed customer expectations. May conduct assessment visits with staff as required by SOPs
- Responsible for the management of resources and resource projections to ensure project teams are consistent with client needs, expectations and contractual expectations by: Reviewing project tasks and timelines and assigning team members
- Determine level and type of employee resources to meet corporate/client/project objectives Schedules and reviews project tasks, provides leadership in the delivery of services to clients Provides guidance/insight on aspects of clinical operations, as well as contingency planning, to accommodate projects while identifying potential impacts to the budget
- Leading Clinical Operations employees in the delivery of services to clients Ensuring staff fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with PRA’s policies, procedures, SOPs, ICH-GCPs, and other relevant regulatory requirements Liaising with other functional managers to ensure consistency within the company Maintaining utilization of all Clinical Operation employees within department goals
- Provide leadership and implement Clinical Operations services and productivity improvements to ensure optimal utilization of billable staff by:
- Performing metric collection and data analysis to support PRA’s continuous improvement in policies, procedures, and business process
- Identifying and implementing process improvements through review of clinical operations SOPs, processes; recommending improvement plans to senior management
- Leading task forces to implement process improvement initiatives Building teamwork and improving process and productivity by working within and across functional areas
- Be a point of escalation (internal) for resolution of issues and conflicts.
- Evaluate compliance of assigned Clinical Operations employees with PRA systems and processes
- Provide support with proposal development and participates in client presentations and/or bid defense meetings, as required
- Mentor and trains other Clinical Operations management level employees Designs and delivers relevant training to the Clinical Operations teams and/or management groups. Viewed as a mentor and a go-to resource across all services within the Clinical Operations group and as a subject matter expert by PRA staff outside of Clinical Operations. Displays expertise in the position by:
- Leading process development / improvement task force Developing tool(s) to improve Clinical Operations processes
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various initiatives. Leadership on programs and/or initiatives that are increasingly complex in their scope of services, technology employed, volume, and/or revenue
- Assist more senior Clinical Operations staff in the review, development and implementation of short-term and long- term objectives, major plans and programs for each functional group within Clinical Operations. Creates and maintains effective relationships between other PRA business units or functions
- Participate in internal/external audits and regulatory agency inspections, as require
You have an adaptable working style with the ability to establish and reset priorities as the need arise. Risk-aware, you can adjust quickly to the changes of a dynamic organisation.
Here at Our company we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have:
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree preferably in health or life sciences
- Substantial clinical trials development experience and experience supervising or managing professional staff in a clinical research environment from 5+ required
- Ability to work in stressful environment and complete tasks within narrow time frames.
- Ability to evaluate situation and use previous experience to identify most appropriate solution
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, French and Dutch.
Your health, your family, your career, your money — the things that matter to you, matter to us. The benefits of PRA just get better and better.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply for Manager of Clinical Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly