Senior Scientist - Biochemistry Microbiology
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
A new position has opened for a Senior Scientist - Biochemistry Microbiology to join a biotechnology organisation who are focused on saving lives and reducing healthcare costs by advancing early detection and precision medicine. This role will be on a permanent basis and will be located in Cambridge.
- You will be responsible to plan and undertake experiments to support the organisation's assay/application/product development objectives.
- Ensure experimental work adheres to department processes.
- Conduct theoretical research activities and literature searches.
- Design, plan, and execute laboratory experiments.
- Analyse, interpret, and present data and results internally and externally.
- Write and communicate experimental plans and reports.
- Lead troubleshooting activities
- Define and implement instrument preventative maintenance activities and schedules.
- Provide mentorship and aid development of the technical team in partnership with line managers.
- Maintain accurate up to date Laboratory records.
- In addition to this, you will also be expected to play an active role in the success of the department.
- A meticulous eye to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures accurately.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You will hold an advanced degree in a Life Sciences field (PhD) with experience in industry or postdoctoral experience preferred.
- Extensive experience using in vitro models in metabolic studies including mammalian cell culture, microscopy, and enzyme or metabolic assays.
- Previous experience with in vitro culture of bacteria and/or fungi as models of human pathogens/disease and/or for microbiome studies.
- Previous experience in working with BSL 2 agents (bacterial and/or fungal pathogens).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.