Principal Scientist (Study Director) - Toxicology
- Experience Level
Agilex Biolabs is a Regulated Bioanalytical laboratory which offers specialised services supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Their laboratories are located in Adelaide and Brisbane.
We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset. It is through our employees’ integrity, expertise and hard work that we can provide high quality bioanalytical services. We are committed to providing a challenging and stimulating environment where what our people do matters.
As a member of Agilex Biolabs, you will be a part of an expert team supporting exciting drug development in the pursuit of a healthier world. We offer training and career development opportunities to build the skills and progress the careers of our employees.
We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced Principal Scientist (Study Director) - Toxicology who will be responsible for performing Study Director functions for the design and conduct of rodent toxicology and pharmacokinetics studies. They lead a team of scientists and be responsible for project planning, execution, data analysis and interpretation, report writing and client liaison.
This is a permanent full-time position, based at our Brisbane site, TetraQ, in Queensland Australia.
The position offers a competitive salary, and for suitably qualified and experienced interstate candidates relocation assistance is on offer.
For suitably qualified and experienced overseas candidates, visa sponsorship support and relocation assistance is on offer for them and their family.
- A culture which respects, values, and celebrates the wonderful diversity of it's people
- Flexibility and work-life balance
- Training and career opportunities
- Attractive remuneration
- A collaborative, and fun team environment.
Key responsibilities include
- Act as Study Director in accordance with OECD Consensus Document No.8 “The role and responsibilities of the Study Director in GLP studies”.
- Supervise project staff.
- Communicate with external clients with regards to projects.
- Design, plan and manage toxicology and pharmacokinetics studies.
- Assisting the team with test item formulation, tissue dissection and collection of study data in peak periods.
- Supporting the application, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System and participating in internal and external quality audits as required.
- Ensure all performed studies follow appropriate legal and regulatory regulations.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Science degree with Honours in an appropriate science qualification (preferably toxicology, pharmacology or pharmaceutical sciences), or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. Ph. D. qualifications highly regarded.
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant work experience, including at least three years’ experience as a Study Director in a GLP-compliant facility undertaking toxicology studies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and adapt to changing priorities.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with the design and conduct of rodent toxicology and pharmacokinetics studies.
- Proven ability to provide leadership to project teams.
- Experience working in a Quality Systems accredited environment.
- Excellent laboratory skills and high standards of laboratory safety.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Objective-driven with an understanding of the importance of project timelines and project management.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to deliver tasks on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to set priorities, analyse problems, formulate clear and effective solutions and coordinate a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated initiative, trust and reliability and the ability to work unsupervised, yet be part of a broader team.
For further information on this opportunity and our company, please go to: www.agilexbiolabs.com / www.tetraq.com.au