Epidemiologist Director Real World Evidence (Remote)
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
EPIDEMIOLOGIST DIRECTOR, REAL WORLD EVIDENCE
Remote based: East Coast, US or Western EU
Candidate Must Have Experience in Observational Studies with Strong Understanding of Epidemiological Methods to Address Bias in Study Design.
The Director/Epidemiologist provides strategic advice for client in global observational study design. The Director/Epidemiologist's primary job duties include strategic advising on global observational study opportunities and study design and providing significant input into observational study protocol development. Additionally, the Director/Epidemiologist's advises on epidemiological analytic methods to address bias, reviews study reports with contributions to the conclusions and discussion, and participates as a co-author on publications.
- Market and Sell Services: Speak to potential clients to explain the capabilities of the firm. Work with Sales and marketing in this capacity. Prepare and review proposals to provide services to clients and execute contracts to provide services, and identify opportunities to refer business to other groups or business units within Covance by Labcorp.
- Understand Client Requirements: Defines how the assignment will be performed and determines the deliverables that will be presented by Covance by Labcorp.
- Prepare Proposal: Responds to opportunites. Reviews and revises draft proposals that respond to client requirements following standard formats used for previous engagements.
- Direct Data Collection and Analysis: Identifies sources and directs the collection of information from knowledgeable individuals, reference texts, on-line databases, and other research sources. Ensures that appropriate quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques are performed allowing inferences and conclusions to be drawn.
- Review Summaries: Reviews and advises on analyses of key points, patterns, and trends found in data.
- Develop Findings and Recommendations: Assures that information and data are used appropriately to prepare specific findings and recommendations that meet client requirements.
- Review Findings and Recommendations with Client: Meets with client to describe data sources, explain patterns observed in data, and indicate how findings and recommendations were developed.
- Organize and Present Deliverables: Reviews and revises written memos, correspondence, and reports; conducts in-person presentations for clients.
- Evaluate Engagement: Leads the evaluation of client engagements to review the original work plan, budget, consultant contributions, client responses, and the potential for future work.
- Manage Project Financial Health: Continuously evaluates financial status of client engagement to monitor and assess scope creep and budget deviations. Holds discussions with client to on scope creep and manages change orders, as appropriate.
- Initiate New Business: Establishes business relationship with current clients that results in repeat business for the Firm and calls on potential clients to explain the capabilities of Covance by Labcorp.
- Process: Continuously evaluate processes and areas for improvement, leading development of new process.
- Lead and Advise Staff: Assumes leadership role in the firm, playing an active role in the setting of firm policies. Acts as an advisor to less experienced consulting staff, orienting them on firm policies and career development objectives.
- Provide Leadership: Work within the consulting division, and across Covance by Labcorp, to participate in strategic discussions and set strategic direction.
The Director typically holds a doctorate degree in epidemiology from an outstanding program at a distinguished university.
The Director typically holds a graduate degree in business administration, public health, public policy, management, clinical science, health services research, health economics, or other relevant discipline from an outstanding program at a distinguished university. Preference is for a PhD in epidemiology or equivalent experience.
The Director typically has ten or more years of relevant experience in a contract research organization or pharmaceutical industry.