- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Intellectual Property and Contracts team is responsible for the company’s global patent and trademark portfolios, as well as, contracts with our partners and suppliers.
We are currently recruiting for a Contracts Associate to join the team. The purpose of this role is to assist with contract management, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating basic agreements with other parties
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Liaise with Contracts Director, Contracts Manager and others relating to the preparation and dispatch of agreements with other parties
- Liaise with Contracts Director, Contracts Manager and others relating to the review of agreements provided by other parties
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements with other parties (e.g. Consultancy, Services, Confidential Disclosure, Material Transfer, Research Collaboration), in accordance with company policies and procedures and business requirements
- Assist the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager with the management of processes and procedures relating to agreement request, drafting, negotiation and finalisation
- With the assistance of the Contract Director or Contracts Manager, perform risk assessment of proposed terms and conditions and develop strategies and recommendations to minimize potential risk to the business
- Keep track of status of unsigned agreements and follow up where necessary
- Handover of agreement to internal contract requesters to explain obligations
- Use contracts database and other document management tools to file electronic correspondence and agreements
- Assist Contracts Manager in keeping Oxford Biomedica agreement templates up to date.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- A scientific, legal or other degree and experience working in a legal support role
- Previous experience of generation, review, negotiation and management of basic agreements with other parties including confidential disclosure, consultancy and material transfer agreements
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe, with demonstrable database knowledge and understanding
- Experience of working with internal and external customers
- Confident communicator, able to interact at all levels both within the company and externally
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- A flexible and pragmatic “can do” approach and the ability to work collaboratively within the group and across the company at all levels.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.