Business Administrator Apprentice
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, Labcorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the Labcorp/Covance Apprenticeship Program in Harrogate as a Business Administrator Apprentice We are looking for a motivated candidate to perform a variety of Archives responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP's and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) or Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations (as appropriate) in support of various Business Unit Operations.
You will be working within the Early Development/Chemistry Solutions Sample Management and Archive Services area of the business. You will be an individual contributor working alongside the Archival Team reporting to your Manager with no direct personnel responsibility that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
- Performs any combination of archive tasks, including labelling, receipt, transferring, tracking, inventory, archival, shipping, and disposal of samples and/or materials with assistance and supervision.
- Sample accession core tasks, including box opening, inventory/labelling, receipt/store, and pulls/returns with assistance and supervision.
- Uses tracking systems as appropriate to maintain sample and study integrity with training and supervision.
- Accurate protocol and relevant documentation interpretation (i.e., Sample Analysis Outline, client paperwork) with assistance.
- Document and communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Communicates effectively with internal customers (and occasionally external with supervision and assistance).
- Ensures adherence t company Global/Regional/Local SOP's as appropriate.
- Complies with relevant Environmental, Health and Safety at work regulations and Company Policies.
- Attain competency with environmental system monitor as appropriate.
- Help with Maintaining storage units
- Assist in ensuring company procedures are followed in relation to security and access to relevant areas and data or sample integrity
- Performs other duties as required from time to time with assistance and supervision.
- Covance management and staff at all levels at location daily with regards storage/submission/retrieval of data, samples, or materials to/from sample management and archives with guidance.
- Regulatory Authorities on an infrequent basis assisting with presenting data/facilities for inspection with guidance
- Clients at all levels infrequently in relation to sample management and archives with assistance
What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship over the course of 18 months
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Yorkshire for Science roles,
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities
- Relevant national level of education in comparison to High School Diploma (does this count as GCSE actually) or equivalent, CSE A level or equivalent
Experience: Minimum Required:
- 0 year applicable work experience.
Ability to use several software packages i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook