Multi Skilled Engineering Technician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Multi Skilled Engineering Technician
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued.
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve.
Welcome to Macclesfield, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Engineering? If so this may be the opportunity you have been searching for!
Drug Substance Manufacture (DSM) is responsible for the internal manufacture of Drug Substance for formulation development, pre-clinical and clinical development studies. Drug Substance Manufacture is part of the Clinical Manufacturing and Supply function, within Pharmaceutical & Technical Development, Operations.
What you'll do
As a Multiskilled Engineering Technician working in DSM you will deliver and sustain business objectives through providing engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation) expertise to maintain equipment / systems, resolving problems and implementing improvements whilst at all times being in compliance with SHE (Safety, Health and Environment), GMP and Financial requirements.
You'll have responsibility for maintaining and calibrating manufacturing equipment, and support systems in accordance with maintenance strategies and schedules of work. The manufacturing unit is a small scale chemical manufacture facility. The plant is classed as lower tier COMAH, and is a zone 2 hazardous area. Core plant systems include; Jacketed agitated reactors, Heat, Cool, Chill (HCC) services, HVAC and Water Systems. By providing good customer service and maximising equipment availability, you'll ensure timely response to breakdowns and provision of effective customer feedback along with delivery of closure actions through systematic fault-finding and problem solving.
We'll expect you to strive to improve equipment availability through identification of maintenance improvements and continuous improvement processes.
By setting up systems / equipment in a timely manner and right first time you'll ensure that the functional performance aligns with Operational Qualification parameters and statutory requirements. You'll lead formal and informal training of less experienced Technicians and coach Operators to improve equipment performance. Using lean and manufacturing tools (such as RCM, RCA and CBM) you will actively participate in and deliver continuous improvement activities and projects.
Working with your engineering colleagues you'll support change initiatives required to drive ongoing business improvements by ensuring positive and constructive communication to enable and establish effective team working. We'll get you to work with project teams to bring new equipment from inception through to beneficial operation, including delivery of equipment qualification activities.
We'll task you to fault find using structured problem solving tools and document this to support the quality, or SHE investigation processes.
Working within a highly compliant and regulated industry you will ensure that SHE and GMP regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Experience of maintaining and calibrating manufacturing equipment, and support systems, of a small scale GMP chemical manufacture facility
- National Technician Level Numeric and Literacy Skills
- National Technician Level Communication Skills
- Achieved (or due to complete) Multi-skilled to NVQ3
- Calibration experience
- Hazardous Area compliance experience and CompEx certification
- Electrical Test and Inspection experience / certification
- Familiar with CMMS (SAP PM) Knowledge of IT systems where appropriate e.g. Drawing/Document Management Systems, Microsoft office, Building Management Systems, PCs, PLCs (Siemens preferable).
- Operating knowledge of procedures and compliance with SHE & GMP requirements.
- Knowledge of the Principles of Work Planning & Control, Reliability Centred Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis and of Continuous Improvement
- Cost Management i.e. Labour Hours & Services / Materials
- Application of maintenance processes e.g. RCM, CBM, Lean Tools etc.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement processes
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject area
- Knowledge of Project management & Quality Notification procedures and Change Control procedures
This role is advertised as Multiskilled Engineering Technician with a bias towards Instrument and electrical capability. This position is internally aligned to SA91 G9.