Automation Project Manager
- Experience Level
Zenith Technologies, now a Cognizant Company is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimised to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance. Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services. Operating across 5 continents and with over 850 skilled employees, Zenith partners with the leading Life Sciences companies globally to provide performance improvements, reduced costs and improve time to market
About the role:
We have an immediate requirement for Automation Project Manager, who will be the single point of contact for delivery of Automation and IT scope in support of significant capital project. Automation Project Manager will be based on site of our global biotech client located in Carlow.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders, vendors and Digital Shop Floor Platform to ensure projects are delivered.
- Partner with local business leadership and project teams to scope for Automation and IT aspects of capital projects bringing knowledge of Automation technologies and the Manufacturing Systems Architecture
- Financial accountability for Automation / IT Spend (typically in the range of 4-8% of total capital cost)
- Understand and educate local project teams on automation standards as they relate to technology selection, system configuration, SDLC, validation, hardware, software environments and business processes.
- Develop and execute project staffing plans
- Close liaison with Process Engineering Lead and Engineering Contractors
- Drive efficiencies in execution of projects to reduce costs and cycle times based on standards
- Engages with stakeholders at all levels of projects, including active participation in Project Steering teams
- Develops resourcing strategy for projects. Either self-manages projects, partners with regional Digital Shopfloor Delivery leads to assign and mentor resources on projects, or engages with contract firms to procure resources
- Ensures that SDLC is appropriately applied
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree. MS in Computer Science or related field/MBA would be a plus
- 8 or more years of experience in project/automation/IT support and/or Vaccines/ Pharmaceutical Manufacturing front line supervision.
- Proven record of proficiencies associated with business analysis on small sized projects.
- Excellent understanding of cGMP's, SDLC methodologies and LEAN/MPS/ Sigma principles.
- Excellent facilitation, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems, develop business cases, and identify appropriate process and technological solutions is essential.
- Proven facilitation, meeting/workshop management, project management and change management skills are essential, along with excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.