- Experience Level
- Entry level
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Translational Sciences Group is responsible for supporting and optimising the development of internal and external therapeutic products through preclinical and clinical research, utilising high quality bioanalytical assays to provide a detailed understanding of safety and efficacy parameters
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist Assistant to join the team. The purpose of this role is to provide essential laboratory activities and services supporting the high quality scientific work conducted at OXB.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Be available to respond immediately to requests to support departmental scientists
- Performing routine monitoring (e.g. of controlled temperature environments)
- Ensuring equipment is cleaned and maintained in line with relevant procedures
- Co-ordinating equipment repairs and servicing (including pipettes) with LMT as required
- Ensuring adequate stocks of consumables are available liaising with LMT as required
- Communicating all potential compliance issues immediately to Test Facility Management, Analytical Project Managers or Study Directors
- To be able to work alongside TSG scientists and provide support for ongoing assays, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure
- To prepare documentation for archiving
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to Level 3 diploma standard (A Level) in a science subject but as a minimum educated to Level 2 GCSE standard in a science subject supported by some relevant work experience.
- Highly motivated, proactive and keen to learn new skills.
- Organised, logical with attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and respect of confidentiality.
- Good time management skills with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in projects and priorities to meet aggressive timelines.
- Able to work in a managed environment and adhere to basic instruction and procedures.
- Able to work well as a team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Competency in general computing packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please