Medical Publications Writer - Top Agency
- Experience Level
Looking for your next step in Medical Communications within a growing International agency?
You will be working within close-knit teams of exceptional colleagues, all unique and curious individuals striving to deliver excellence. Together, you will use scientific insight with best practices in communication, including digital channels, to develop programmes for healthcare professionals that are both engaging and impactful.
As a Medical writer, you are responsible for the development of high-quality scientific publications (manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and presentations). You will become therapeutic area experts, liaise with pharmaceutical clients and clinical key opinion leaders, and oversee the work of medical writers, and play a key role in the publication planning teams to develop and execute strategic communication plans.
• Providing full oversight and project management for a series of projects, including effective prioritization and appropriate delegation, for scientific publication projects (i.e. clinical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) within an assigned therapeutic area, ensuring accuracy, quality, and adherence to project timelines
• Leading project calls with pharmaceutical clients and clinical experts to align on project scope and content direction; this includes meeting preparation
• Providing direction and guidance to internal and external medical writers regarding assigned projects
• Leading client publications team meetings
• Leading publication strategy development
• Communicating project status and changes effectively across internal and external stakeholders, and providing recommendations for actions towards the desired result
• Maintaining knowledge of international requirements and guidance associated with scientific publications
• Supporting, guiding, and training junior staff
• PhD in life sciences or a biomedical MSc degree plus relevant work experience
• Publication-planning experience in a medical communications agency, a scientific/medical publishing company, or the pharmaceutical industry
• Team player with a learning mindset that thrives on providing and receiving feedback
• Excellent command of the English language and outstanding skills in writing and communication
• Ability to learn rapidly and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapy areas
• Strategic, critical thinking in addition to strong analytical skills
• Ability to run multiple parallel projects
• Stress resistance and flexibility
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook)
• Many opportunities for learning and career development (Academy for ongoing professional training and development)
• Flexibility in working hours and location, including work-from-home options, to enable you to successfully balance work and personal life
• An opportunity to broaden your horizons by working in a dynamic, international, and multicultural organization with highly educated and dedicated colleagues
• Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, including a yearly bonus as well as other bonus opportunities
Interested? Send your CV now!